Kodak finds mystery products

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

jhoneycutt

Kodak finds mystery products

Post by jhoneycutt »

Kodak updated it's film supplies catalog on May 1st. It now lists several "mystery" products that it sell's, but did not know about until we pestered them. You can now find the smaller boxes of 50 & 100 ft leader in 8mm, Super 8 & 16. And Herb will be happy to know that Kodak found out that, yes, it really does sell cement in the 1/2 oz bottle! It is now back in the catalog.

I have found a few other products that Kodak says it does not sell and I hope to get them listed in the future. Here is the latest Kodak film supply listing:

http://www.kodak.com/US/plugins/acrobat ... cess04.pdf

You can buy the above supplies from the same phone number you call to buy film; 1-800-621-FILM (3456). The word from Kodak is that now that it is in the catalog, you won't have to have a fight every time you try to order this stuff.

jack
Canon 1014XL-S, Workprinter, Mac & PC
Rich

Post by Rich »

If you call Polaroid, you get some guy in India. Is it the same if you call Kodak? I hate outsourced customer support.
leadlike

Post by leadlike »

Anytime I've called Kodak for film orders, I get someone within the US. It seems they have an east and west coast office to accomidate the time zone differences. Everytime I have called, I have found everyone to be quite friendly, although not always very knowledgable about their products.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks for the information.
John_Pytlak

Kodak Customer Service

Post by John_Pytlak »

If you call the Kodak Information Center number (1-800-621-FILM (3456)), you get someone based in the US. If they don't have the answer, they connect you with the Kodak technical expert in your region, or with someone in Kodak EI Customer Technical Service.

Worldwide, EI Customer Technical Service Centers are located in Rochester NY, Chalon-sur-Saone France, and in Australia.
John Pytlak
EI Customer Technical Services
Research Lab, Building 69
Eastman Kodak Company
Rochester, NY 14650-1922 USA