Kodachrome Super 8 passes £50 a cartridge ($90) on e-bay !

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

alpha.tango

Kodachrome Super 8 passes £50 a cartridge ($90) on e-bay !

Post by alpha.tango »

Just seen this auction with more than a day to run !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-KODACHROME-40 ... dZViewItem

What price do you think will it reach ?
Last edited by alpha.tango on Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aj

Re: Kodachrome Super 8 passes £50 a cartridge ($90) on e-ba

Post by aj »

alpha.tango wrote:Just seen this auction with more than a day to run !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-KODACHROME-40 ... dZViewItem

What price do you think will it reach ?
I expect the bidder thinks it is 50 for four pieces and not per piece. Which is the case in this type of auctions.

I have some available at this per piece price. :)
Kind regards,

André
Joe Gioielli

Post by Joe Gioielli »

I checked the auction and it seems the bidder IS bidding on all 4. Interesting, I never saw an auction like that before.

But then again, I'm only allowed to go on ebay 4 minutes a week!

Impulse shopping forever
Joe
Zevon forever!
alpha.tango

Post by alpha.tango »

Yes Joe - standard e-bay dutch auction rules - at present the bidder has committed to 4 cartridges at £50 (approx $90 USD) EACH !

I see he is a new user since 5th Sept - Just hope he realises what he has committed to ......

Or maybe they are worth that now ! If that sort of price is made I think my remaining cartridges will go on sale to fund a lot of 64T !!

Sympathise with your time limit on e-bay ... my other half is now tring to enforce that here ....
Actor

Post by Actor »

alpha.tango wrote:Yes Joe - standard e-bay dutch auction rules - at present the bidder has committed to 4 cartridges at £50 (approx $90 USD) EACH !
Am I missing something here? It looks to me like the bidder has committed to only one at £50.

However, I do agree that he thinks he's bidding on all four.
Angus

Post by Angus »

THat bottom photo is from 7dayshop.com

He's in breach of copyright for that...and I know 7dayshop don't like people using thier pics on eBay auctions...
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff »

Actor wrote:
alpha.tango wrote:Yes Joe - standard e-bay dutch auction rules - at present the bidder has committed to 4 cartridges at £50 (approx $90 USD) EACH !
Am I missing something here? It looks to me like the bidder has committed to only one at £50.

However, I do agree that he thinks he's bidding on all four.
If it is a dutch auction, then the bidder has only committed to one, not four.

Roger
ccortez

Post by ccortez »

if it's a real dutch auction, doesn't the high bidder get to buy anywhere from 1 to 4 at the high bid price? (I.e. high bid wins and chooses the lot size; next high bidder can choose to buy remaining lots at the high bid price? and on down the line...)
alpha.tango

Post by alpha.tango »

He has bid on 4 items (see bid details) - If nobody else bids higher he will win all 4 - Ebay require you to specify your chosen quantity when bidding, not after the end of the auction. He can however refuse partial quantities if someone else bids higher on one or more.
aj

Post by aj »

ccortez wrote:if it's a real dutch auction, doesn't the high bidder get to buy anywhere from 1 to 4 at the high bid price? (I.e. high bid wins and chooses the lot size; next high bidder can choose to buy remaining lots at the high bid price? and on down the line...)
It is not called Dutch auction any longer. I think. Too difficult and ambigious on an international auction site. Now it is called a power auction. Isn't it? According to the biddinglist bidder asked 4 items. At closure of the auction the four highest bidders get to buy at the bid of the 4th highestt (1,2,3,4). It doesn't close at four bids but on the closing time.
Kind regards,

André
Thomas JI

Post by Thomas JI »

WOW, that is probably why Im soooo afraid to shoot my kodachrome!!! 8O 8O 8O 8O

I knew it was going to go up. Im going to wait for 64T or go with Tri X in the meantime (or whatever B/W filmstock that is super hi contrasty).
Current cams: Canon 814 Auto Zoom, Panasonic GS-150, and Kodak Instamatic 28
reflex

Post by reflex »

Thomas JI wrote:WOW, that is probably why Im soooo afraid to shoot my kodachrome!!! 8O 8O 8O 8O
Thomas: The guy bidding seems to be insane.

You can buy new Kodachrome 40 film from Dwaynes at a price of $11.50 per roll, or from Wittner in Germany for about 18 euros (processing included).

When the K-40 runs out, you'll still be able to buy K-40 from Wittner, although it will be branded "Wittnerchrome 40T" -- it's real Kodak film, in a real Kodak cartridge.
www.retrothing.com
Vintage Gadgets & Technology
Thomas JI

Post by Thomas JI »

oh... WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thats a major relief. Now I can shoot with some confidence!!

once again, WHEW!!!!

I gotta think of something to film that isn't going to get me kicked out of places, but still be a powerful film. Im gonna go artisy and abstract.
Current cams: Canon 814 Auto Zoom, Panasonic GS-150, and Kodak Instamatic 28
monobath

Post by monobath »

The seller says
15m / 50ft giving a running time of about 4 mins at 18 fps
which is misleading. 3 and 1/3 minutes isn't "about 4 mins". You could maybe get away with saying it was about 3 and a half minutes...