light meter batteries for Elmo C-300 Trifilmatic

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

fritzcarraldo

Post by fritzcarraldo »

Herb Montes,

The Px-25 you're talking about is 4,5v right?

Does it work?

Please tell me if it does, i'll buy one battery too, but since the original was 3,9v they differ 0,6v there's no trouble with that?

By the way, does someone have an extra pistol grip for the Elmo C-300?

I could buy it, mine didn't came with it.

Thanks
Herb Montes

Post by Herb Montes »

The alkaline PX-25 batteries I ordered came in and I tried them out in the Elmo C300 and C200 I have. The manual iris does work with them. I ran the cameras with the backs open and looked through the lens while turning the manual control. Not an easy thing to do but it did confirm that these batteries allow the manual exposure to work. Now as for automatic exposure, I will have to wait until I buy some Super 8mm cartridges and compare the readings in the viewfinder with a lightmeter to see if the higher voltage of the batteries cause a difference in exposure.
thebrowniecameraguy

Post by thebrowniecameraguy »

super8man wrote:Jordan?
What?
I'm back, I'm back- thebrowniecameraguy is back! I still have my Brownie 8mm Turret f/1.9! Time to play!
thebrowniecameraguy

Post by thebrowniecameraguy »

DBL post sorry!
I'm back, I'm back- thebrowniecameraguy is back! I still have my Brownie 8mm Turret f/1.9! Time to play!
super8man

Post by super8man »

[quote="super8man"]Jordan?[/quote]

Herb wrote: By the way, if anyone has a regular 8mm back for the Tri-Filmatic PM me and we can talk trade.

That's what.

Cheers,
m
Herb Montes

Post by Herb Montes »

Thanks guys but I'm getting one now in a trade with somone who read this thread and had a double 8mm back.
fritzcarraldo

Post by fritzcarraldo »

I needed to film this week, so, i couldn't wait for the Px-25 batteries to come, and i decided to buy 3 batteries with 1.5 volts each, that together would make the 4.5 volts, i taped them together and inserted it on the camera, and it worked, for those who own a Elmo C-300 and don't want to buy the PX25, buy 3 1.5V batteries, that are very easy to find, and do it like i did.

But, of course, we forgot to talk about the voltage difference, the camer takes 3.9V batteries, if we insert a higher voltage, like 4.5V the lightmeter will give different results, don't forget that, i haven't tested what the difference is, but it exists for sure,

Either way, i don't use the camera's lightmeter, i prefer to use an external one.

regards
patrickwilder

Re: light meter batteries for Elmo C-300 Trifilmatic

Post by patrickwilder »

I understand that the PX25 3.9v doesn't exist and the only option is the px25 4.5v What are the dimensions of this battery? IS it possible to stack 3 1.5v batteries and if so, what dimensions and model number have you used? Any luck on using the automatic light meter with these batteries, or is it solely for adjusting the manual? Thanks!
James E
Location: Houston, TX. Portland, OR. Playa Del Carmen, Quitana Roo, MX. ELgin, TX

Re: light meter batteries for Elmo C-300 Trifilmatic

Post by James E »

I scored a decent, it but dirty externally C-300 in an antique mall while on vacay in New Braunfels. The battery carrier was sadly full of rotted out batteries, but as I had the external controller for my super 110 I was able to verify that it worked. It came with the super 8 back. It will need some serious cleaning up, lightmeter batteries, and of course hunting down the R8 and DS8. It did come with the special side handle attached making me think it had be long separated from it's other backs.

If anyone has a spare battery carrier, or R8 DS8 backs, drop me a line.
Cheers,
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.