Best editor for Windows

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Actor

Best editor for Windows

Post by Actor »

I've been using iMovie on a pre-Intel iMac for about 10 years now. About 5 years back the iMac suffered a major breakdown which was quite expensive to repair. I want to buy a new computer during the coming year and have decided that I cannot afford another Mac, so I'll be getting a Windows machine.

I have found Microsoft Movie Maker to be rather user unfriendly, a conclusion verified by at least one review on the web. Is there a user friendly editor for Windows that can be had for under $250?
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Re: Best editor for Windows

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

I can recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. Very userfriendly, cheap and has lots of options.

Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

id also recommend to look into Lightworks. it has been used for many famous feature movies.
http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=182
it does have a free version and would have been my top pick if it was avail for the MAC. it was suposed to but no more info on that for now.

shoot.....
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
Actor

Post by Actor »

My thanks to both of you. I'm taking a look at both programs.

It appears that both programs require more speed and ram than I have on my current windows machine. :?:

So I'll wait until after I upgrade before making a decision.
carllooper

Post by carllooper »

A six plate steenbeck I was moving yesterday doesn't run on windows, but it does runs on wheels.

C
Carl Looper
http://artistfilmworkshop.org/