UK Beaulieu 4008 battery re-celling.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

bakasutchi

UK Beaulieu 4008 battery re-celling.

Post by bakasutchi »

I have managed to find a company in the UK that will restore your old Beaulieu 4008 screw in batteries. The company is called Univercell-Batteries.co.uk. They will dismantle and replace the cells or you can just order the ready made cell pack to fit yourself. I would suggest letting them do all the work as there is some fiddley soldering inside the case to do. There is a little extra charge for this but worth it. The cells used are 350mAh NiMH so are slightly more powerful than the original 250mAh button cells. The end result is exactly the same size as the original battery and uses the original case. They have a web site but you won't find much information about this there as this is something new they have developed with one of my defunct batteries. You can email them or phone and talk to Howard Betts.
aj

Re: UK Beaulieu 4008 battery re-celling.

Post by aj »

Had noticed their offerings of Beaulieu recelling etc.
They actually exist and do things?
Seems they use the Emmerich cells and packs.

Maybe they should adopt a policy to answer simple questions which come in on their website. Could bring in some work.
Kind regards,

André
bakasutchi

Post by bakasutchi »

The company is keen to re-cell Beaulieu batteries and provide a reliable service. What I have learnt recently from working with them is that they did a re-cell a while ago and had put a small piece of info on their website but through various changes at the company had lost the original notes on the re-cell procedure. The batteries they use are 6 half AAA batteries in series producing 7.2 volts and tapped at 3.6v for the meter. I have one of the batteries and can confirm it works well and is a neat solution that from the outside is indistinguishable from the original.
aj

Post by aj »

Hm, I would expect that they would use the Emmerich button cell which fits so nicely and which is mentioned on the Bondi website as no longer available through conrad.de
Kind regards,

André
bakasutchi

Post by bakasutchi »

The Emmerich cells have been discontinued, they would otherwise have been the obvious choice. To my knowledge Emmerich the company that made them has ceased trading. Regards, Stuart.
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

I am geared up to re-cell Beaulieu 2008/4008 batteries. I am located in the USA and the cost is $90 for the re-cell which includes new 450mAh NiMH cells. I will also include a smart charger to charge you new re-celled battery for an additional fee. Send me a PM if you're interested and I will get back to you ASAP. I have re-celled batteries for people in the states as well as Holland and Australia and other parts of the world. References can be provided as needed.

Thanks!
Tom Houston
Virginia
WorkPrinter-XP to HD Conversion & Beaulieu Battery Re-Celling:
http://www.FilmMaker8.com