ARRI 535 Manual

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

gilmata

ARRI 535 Manual

Post by gilmata »

Hi everyone
I'm trying to find the manual of Arriflex 535 but i cann+t find anywhere.
do you know if it+s available for download in any website?
thank you
best regards
andré gil mata
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Nope...

The only thing I can say is go to the rental house and they will tech you on the camera.

Good Luck
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

Y'know, I could swore I saw one of those at the grocery store counter this afternoon, right next to "Idiot's Guide to F-16 Fighter Plane Maintenance".

But this is a small guage film forum. Try http://www.cinematography.com , maybe somebody over there can help you.
sk360

Post by sk360 »

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Why do you need this manual??

To me it is one of those things that you just wouldn't ever really need. It is like asking to test drive the Ferrari to see if you want to buy it.

The 535 is the newer version of the BL. When you get to the rental house they will tell you any and all information needed. They aren't going to let it out to some green guy just because he read a manual.

Go spend some time with one.

Good Luck
christoph

Post by christoph »

ok, i'll jump in here and admit that i always read the manual before i go and rent (or even test) a camera i dont know. it's just much easier to follow the explanation of a rental house, and sometimes those manuals give you very helpful tips and help to avoid pitfalls.

i dont drive ferraris or fly f-16s though.
++ christoph ++

ps: check the arri.com site, there's a few 535 manuals and a big 435 user manual which shares a lot of the concepts
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Maybe it is just the way I learn...

I would rather spend a half day in house with the camera than looking at pictures.

Good Luck
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

Nigel wrote:...I would rather spend a half day in house with the camera than looking at pictures.....
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
http://MusicRiverofLife.com
http://TabbyCrabb.com
gilmata

thanks

Post by gilmata »

hi
sorry but it's the first time i'll working assisting with that model, and i would like to know it first the tests
thank you
fritzcarraldo

Post by fritzcarraldo »

audadvnc wrote:Y'know, I could swore I saw one of those at the grocery store counter this afternoon, right next to "Idiot's Guide to F-16 Fighter Plane Maintenance".

But this is a small guage film forum. Try http://www.cinematography.com , maybe somebody over there can help you.
I think that some people here got jealous,

It's obvious a manual is helpfull,

I always give a look to a new camera's manual

And if he is renting one, it's obvius that if he loses one day messing with the camera, he might lose money on it, if he can look at the manual he will gain some time
Evan Kubota

Post by Evan Kubota »

I think that some people here got jealous,

It's obvious a manual is helpfull,

I always give a look to a new camera's manual
Agreed. Obviously, if you rent they should give you some basic instructions on use. This doesn't obviate the benefits of reading about it beforehand.
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

fritzcarraldo wrote:....I think that some people here got jealous....
Oh I doubt that. What's there to be jealous about in the first place anyway????
http://MusicRiverofLife.com
http://TabbyCrabb.com
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Lose a day??

You don't lose a day by showing up to have the house tech you on the camera.

You should already know how to load a mag. You should understand basic camera function. You should know how to drive. If you don't then why are you getting behind the wheel??

I have shot on everything from Arricam(formally Moviecam) to Panavision and they are largely the same. If you have shot with any one you know what to do.

Show up a few days before you pick up your package and build everything and run some dummy loads.

The day you pick up build it again, double check everything and ask questions.

Jealous?? No. The best person to tech you on a camera is the tech himself.

Good Luck
mattias

Post by mattias »

i never read the manual but i always bring it along. the way i learn is that i don't read and neither do i don't spend that half day at the rental house. i just dive in. :-) the exception would be when it comes to load mags. that's hard to learn both trough trial and error and by reading. anyway, the manual is great to have when you blow a fuse or the onboard computer hangs and starts flashing strange codes instead of running the camera for you.

/matt
fritzcarraldo

Post by fritzcarraldo »

Usually i look at the photos about loading each different camera, i've shot many films with many cameras, and each camera has it's own way,

The most tricky one was a 16mm K-3, in fact i believe that any Arri or Eclair are much easier to load than those crazy cameras, but i like K-3 a lot,

But the best way of learning is to practise, of course