Timelapse project 2004

Collaborative film projects

Sunny and mild

Post by guest »

A great day for shooting. Confined myself to the car - shot my drive of 35 miles from the crossing the Tower Bridge towards the state capitol building then hitting the freeway out to Folsom. On the return, burned off the remaining ten feet with the sun and the cars silhoetted (sp?). SHould be fun. I also did a few moments of 9fps to make the sun last a little longer just before I hit the offramp. It was a good day. Got lots of looks with the camera on a tripod in the passenger seat - shot most everything at 1fps.

Cheers,
Super 8 Man.
sunrise

Post by sunrise »

Stayed at home and did some macro shots of various things, both timelapse and slo mo.

sunrise
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

I got two pixilations and a sunrise on film yesterday. The weather was horrible. Sun, rain and granular snow! The light kept changing every 2 minutes from f22 to f8...
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
Petteri

Post by Petteri »

Just added some pictres in here:

http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/scripts ... elapse2004

Petteri
al77

Post by al77 »

It was hot & I got really sun-burned! I headed out on my bike with my nizo 148 macro & tripod weighing me down. Ended up doing timepase at various speeds around a small dock on the lancashire coast. Had one bloke come up to me who recognised the camera as a nizo, he said he used to have one but changed to video because it made recording sound easier - he admitted he much preferred the quality of the pictures taken with his s8 cam though.
Must remember to take sun-block next time!!
jhoneycutt

pond in the rain

Post by jhoneycutt »

I started shooting @ 1 frame every 60 seconds. I had a shot of my garden pond and some water lilies. I started at 5AM so it was dark. About 10:30AM, I switched to a close up of some water lilies and got them opening up. Again I was shooting at 1 frame every 60 seconds.

The day was overcast and it rained now and then. I think the rain falling on the pond might be interesting. I was able to shoot from a Gazebo so the camera was dry (Canon 1014XL-S).

I finished off the roll of K-40 with a time lapse shot from my attic window. Bamboo swinging in the wind, the clouds, and roof tops. It was raining off and on.

I had to do a mid shoot battery change with out moving the camera on the tripod. That was fun. Up at 4AM yesterday, and in bed at 2:AM yesterday. I'm dead. I think I am going to sleep all day today.

I hope every one else got your shot. I can't wait to see the film.

jack in Portland Oregon
Canon 1014XL-S, Workprinter, Mac & PC
monobath

Post by monobath »

I shot the Dallas skyline from a park west of town, one frame every 10 seconds. It was windy and the clouds were moving pretty good. I started at 14:30 and shot until 21:30, well after dark in order to get the city lights. This was my first attempt at timelapse, so I hope it looks interesting.

I'm sunburned too. Must remember sunblock, lawn chair, and FOOD for next year. I went all day without eating. At least I remembered to bring some cigars and a cooler full of water.
jobes

Post by jobes »

Bloody nightmare day :evil:,fantastic weather got access to everywhere i wanted,gets up the Radio City tower at 2pm and the nizo makes no sound at all it wouldnt timelapse,after much head scratching i set it at 9fps and just exposed a couple of frames at a time manually
al77

Post by al77 »

Jobes - That's a shame about your nizo. I'm never entirely confident my 148 macro is going to work but it was fine yesterday, it's given me consistent results when it is working so i decided to risk it. It used to lose power all the time, i think it was to do with the cables from the battery compartment in the handle that was causing the problem in mine, it's been ok since i resoldered those connections at either end of the cables.

timelapse sucess

Post by Guest »

Shot various things in Berlin together with a friend. From moving crowds, famous sights, water, wheather to uncommon stuff, a lot of timelapse @ 1fp 2s, 1fp 5s, some slow-motion and few normal motion. Did a walk through the city centre (4km), camera running at 1fp 2s. I hope it'll turn out nice... Can't wait to see it projected when finally developed and to send it off very soon.
Nicolai

Post by Guest »

Same weather as last year, well not exactly....about ten times worse. I managed to do some timelapses of Toronto, even though it was raining and thundering hard almost all day long (it still hasn't stopped).

I then managed rig my Nizo 801 to the back of the car and do a Timelapse of me driving in and around Toronto. Hopefully it'll turn out. I should have had a still cam to take pics of all the people looking at my car and how I had rigged the cam. Would've been worth a ton of laughs.

One last place where I wanted to shoot from was completely and thoroughly occupied by an event of some sort....tents everywhere that were in the way of the entire shot. Oh well.....

Cheers
filmbuff

Post by filmbuff »

Timelapse day was a major bust here. Heavy low clouds (no definition just mush), drizzle, fog and simply not enough light for K40 all day. I shot about 20 feet of traffic but there was no reading on the meter so it will probably be way too dark. The real back breaker was today (23rd) was warm, gorgeous billowing thunderheads early in the afternoon then big storms with hail and a incredible lightning show. oh well

Post by Guest »

Weather was bad like what I´ve read in most other countries. Cold, windy and rainy - so I decided to shoot entirely inside one of the two big railway stations here in Vienna - the "Westbahnhof". Mostly timelapse at one frame every 2 or 5 seconds. Used K40 and in some cases the lightmeter stayed in the "red zone" - curious how it turned out. While the Nizo did her job I strolled around shooting stuff with my Canon DS8 using Fomapan - what a great camera - but try to hide her and shoot without beeing noticed.

Had the luck to get at least 2 great shots that I´m really excited about. Just have 10 more days to wait...

Here are some impressions...

A trolley full of passion...
http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/scripts ... arerra_001

YES, this is a Super-8 camera... and you still can get films for it?? :x
http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/scripts ... arerra_003

Last check before waiting up to 45 mins...
http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/scripts ... arerra_004

MovieMaker

Post by Guest »

California weather was spectacular in every way. Blue sky and lots of light.
I shot slow motion and as a result I burned through 7 cartridges of film trying to get that one magical take.

I used my pin registered camera at 200 frames per second. Gosh I hope it stays in focus. The shot actually looked cool in real time so I'm wondering what I actually will get by slowing down the action 8 times. In case anyone is wondering I can burn through a 50 ft cartridge in under 20 seconds.
Alex

Post by Alex »

California weather was spectacular in every way. Blue sky and lots of light.
I shot slow motion and as a result I burned through 7 cartridges of film trying to get that one magical take.

I used my pin registered camera at 200 frames per second. Gosh I hope it stays in focus. The shot actually looked cool in real time so I'm wondering what I actually will get by slowing down the action 8 times. In case anyone is wondering I can burn through a 50 ft cartridge in under 20 seconds.