Timelapse project 2004

Collaborative film projects

Post by Guest »

Hello,

Weather here in Santiago for tomorrow : cloudy and with showers ("chubascos" in spanish)
Good luck.
Daniel

Post by Guest »

Hello,

Weather here in Santiago for tomorrow : cloudy and with showers ("chubascos" in spanish). Smog last days was very heavy exactly as last year in the same period. At least rain will help to improve air quality.
Good luck.
Daniel

Timelapsers

Post by Guest »

so, its the 21st here - at 4pm... Can I start filming at midnight... I suppose the 22nd is midnight to midnight eh? hoorah!

Good luck to all involved, I'm excited to see how it comes out...

jt
Petteri

Post by Petteri »

21st 23.13 here in Helsinki.... Just packed everything so im ready ;-)

I just could not deside wich camera to use so i packed two (Bauer A512 and C900XL). Batteries in full charge and film in a bag.... I was planning to start tomorow 10:30 AM..... Only one problem!

I still have no idea what to shoot :o I have some ideas, behaps some pixelation and some nice views from Helsinki, let's see.

Unfortenatly the weather can ruin it all again :( If it rains then i'm in trouble

Weather for tomorrow:

Petteri
jhoneycutt

Rain and our Film community

Post by jhoneycutt »

Folks...

I getting excited. It's about 4:30 PM on May 21 here in Portland Oregon. The weather forcast for tomorrow is RAIN RAIN RAIN. But I have a plan to film under the cover of my Gazebo in my backyard if that is the case.

My camera: A Canon 1014XL-S. I am going to use K-40. I am thinking of time lapse of some water lilies opening. I have a pond in my backyard. The water lilies may not open in heavy rain, or may open late in lighter rain. I'll just have to see what happens. I think the rain on the pond would be nice to film, as well as the sky.

Aside from my buddy Tony in Portland (also filming for this project) I don't know any film folks. I think it is great that all of us will be going out tomorrow, from all over the world, and filming. What a sense of community.

Thanks Andreas!

jack in Portland Oregon USA
Canon 1014XL-S, Workprinter, Mac & PC
filmbuff

Post by filmbuff »

7:30 AM, heavy overcast w/ a few heavy showers scattered about on radar. Can't get a reading in camera cause there is not enought light (K40). Hope it lightens up a bit later :(
jhoneycutt

Weather across the earth; My report

Post by jhoneycutt »

filmbuff wrote:7:30 AM, heavy overcast w/ a few heavy showers scattered about on radar. Can't get a reading in camera cause there is not enought light (K40). Hope it lightens up a bit later :(
Almost 5:00AM here in Portland Oregon. Slight overcast skys, but I can see some stars. No rain for the last few hours.

It looks like the neighbor's porch light may spoil my dark start shot @ 5:00AM. But maby not.

No light for my light meter either. K-40 and a Canon 1014XL-S. No coffee yet this morning; I am awake!

jack
Canon 1014XL-S, Workprinter, Mac & PC
filmbuff

Re: Weather across the earth; My report

Post by filmbuff »

jhoneycutt wrote: No light for my light meter either. K-40 and a Canon 1014XL-S. No coffee yet this morning; I am awake!
On my second coffee!

Currently raining :cry:
Patrick C

Post by Patrick C »

I've just come back from my day of shooting in Adelaide. The beginning of the day was blessed with sunlight. So I took this opportinuty to do a time lapse study of shadows sweeping over my front verandah. This took much longer than expected and I had to abandon it anyway cos of cloud cover coming in. I took the bus into the city and headed straight for Adelaide's Parliament building. Right after I set up the tripod, this wedding couple and relatives and photographers turned up. They basically took over the building and I had to wait there patiently until they finished with their photo / video session. When they did finally finish, I got some footage of the grand old building and then rushed off to Glenelg in hope of filming the ocean there in time lapse. Unfortunately, by the time I got there, it was just about dark and I had to abandon my pre-planned filming spot. Parts of the jetty were illuminated by lights so I set up on the sand and filmed the small waves crashing against the jetty structure. I just hope K40 will handle the low light.

Post by Guest »

Hello,

The sky is blue, with no clouds, there is sun. Lovely day but a bit cold.
The plan changed, I may use Ilford rated as ISO 50 now or color film.
Regards,

Daniel
Petteri

Post by Petteri »

Just came back from downtown :)

Weather was quite ok, some sun and some showers, but much better than last year. I think i got some very nice shots.. but no pixelation :-( I would had needed much more prework to do pixelation so i stayed in time-lapse.

I still have some film left and i'm going back to town when it's dark enought so i can shoot time-exposure...

What a Great Day :D

Petteri

Petteri

Post by Petteri »

Patrick C

Post by Patrick C »

I blame my lateness on getting to the beach on those wedding people.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hello,

The shooting was great. The day had very good weather with some clouds. This was the kind of day I was expecting for last year "pulse of day" project.
I finally define to use today 2 minutes in Ilford HP5 Plus b/w neg at ISO 50, and 1 minute in Agfa Optima 100D color neg with Voigtlander/Zeiss Ikon Moviflex MS8 camera. The color neg will be developed in Brazil and I will develop the b/w neg in Santiago in next weeks.
Topic of the shooting : 2 differents Panoramic view of Santiago and characteristics activities in streets of the "Centro".
Regards,
Daniel

Post by Guest »

Just back home, I got the spot i wanted from the 30th floor downtown. very overcasty in Portland today, but lots of detail in the clouds.. got a cityscape with the sky a 1 frame every 5 seconds, and a few other good shots. K-40 sending to Dwayne's Monday. my girlfreind made a nice intro sheet for the beginning. but decided to switch cameras when i got to my spot, used the 814XL-S. i hope there wasn't too much reflection in the windows :oops: