Good to be back!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

MovieStuff

Good to be back!

Post by MovieStuff »

I didn’t realize that this forum had come back from the dead! How long has it been back? I thought it had been permanently replaced by the Tapatalk version which, frankly, was dreadful. Looking forward to catching up with everyone.
aj

Re: Good to be back!

Post by aj »

Unfortunately traffic was already slow and having the site down for years doesn't help either.

People have moved to 'modern' internet.
Soc media groups, unfortunately with the herds of fools and abuse coming with that :(
Kind regards,

André
grainy

Post by grainy »

Well, I'll be checking this forum again. I hope others use it. I've really come to dislike the dominant aspects of Facebook and I appreaciate Andres trying to keep this going if only as an archive of information.
jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss »

Hi!

I would also be very happy to switch back from Fakebook to this forum - if there would be more traffic.
(Fakebook was fun for a while, now it’s mainly only about advertising, spreading fake news and only little about the hobby. Not to mention that it’s nearly impossible to find postings older than a week. So any „repair instructions“ or similar stuff will be lost.)

Stay healthy!
Jörg
This space was left intenionally blank.
wahiba

Post by wahiba »

I have not found anything on FaceBook to equal this forum. I find Facebook works well for other interests. Note 'works' not better!
New web site and this is cine page http://www.picsntech.co.uk/cine.html
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

I really don't get the appeal of Facebook. Supposedly, Facebook has been the reason behind many online forums becoming less active over the years. As for me, I prefer forums.
kuparikettu

Post by kuparikettu »

I prefer forums as well. However, I think it doesn't help that the main site is still saying that the site is under construction, even if the forum is accessible with the link below :)
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Roger,
Did you ever think about selling a modified Wolverine scanner? I think alot of people would pay for one pro focused, with rollers instead of posts.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

etimh

Post by etimh »

Just checking in. Great to see activity here again--coincides nicely with a recent plunge back into some filmmaking after a long break. Can't even count how many times this place and the experts here helped me out. Let's spread the word and get some traffic back! :-BD
MIKI-814

Post by MIKI-814 »

Hey, nice to see everybody still here. Been out for a while too
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Welcome back guys! Great to see you all here again!
I might need to update my profile pic. Getting older and grayer. Same old same old. Still work with film and film scanning besides my IT job. Haven't shot super8 for a while, but have all the gear here still.

Forum will stay up and running, it might even get an upgrade from time to time. Got to remind myself to stop by more often. Will be fun. :YMHUG:

Cheers,
Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations