Kodak K100

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Pj

Kodak K100

Post by Pj »

I have just got a Kodak K100 16mm camera and like it. Has anyone ever used an electric motor with one? Apparently there is a port to use an electric motor, but no detail of how and which motor.

Pav
Phil_F_NM

Re: Kodak K100

Post by Phil_F_NM »

The motor is a specific one made only by Kodak. It has a cradle for the camera and serves as the base for a tripod. You can sometimes find them on ebay, though I've only seen one for sale that was guaranteed working.
Phil Forrest
Pj

Post by Pj »

Thank you for your comments, for a while I thought no one was going to respond. I have been aware of the Kodak K 100 for sometime, but never used one until now. It’s an interesting design, a fairly heavy camera, it seems Kodak weren’t keen on placing the spools vertically, it doesn’t feel awkward to hold when filming. I wonder if Kodak’s design of placing the spools horizontally has anything to do with this. It’s incredibly easy to thread too and surprisingly it isn’t difficult to wind like so many others, in fact the wind is brilliant it’s has a very long run with a single wind - well over a minute, there’s also a very useful indicator telling you how much spring -power is left. So far I have been quite impressed with it, the camera has a port to attach an electric motor. I suppose any electric motor can work? The viewfinder although ‘parallax’ is much better than other 16mm cameras of that era that I've used. Over the weekend I have been out filming with it using fresh Vision 3 50D with a Switar lens and I’m hoping the results are good.

Pav
Mmechanic

Post by Mmechanic »

The K-100 is prone to rust. Keep it dry.

Ciné-Kodaks follow the basic idea of the original Kodak, an oblong box. They all stand well on the tripod, a feature sometimes missed with other motion-picture cameras.