Greetings!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Silverdream

Greetings!

Post by Silverdream »

Hi fellow film enthusiasts. I just joined this discussion forum, so just a quick introduction of myself.
I've been involved with the Super 8 film format for quite a while, making some short films as well as repairing cameras and projectors for myself and occasionally for others. So far I've done all the post production the old way and on the original film including sound dubs, but I'm keen to try out the digital workflow methods too.
Although film is a bit more difficult to use these days due to less services and supplies available it's still really appealing to me. There's just something nice and quaint about the mechanical nature of film. Then there's a century of history associated with reel film. Sure, one can grab a video camera and churn out heaps of footage, but it seems so lazy. Using film requires dedication and thought to produce magic images, and to me that's what makes it exciting. There's something wonderful about rolling film through a camera.
Anyway, I'm looking forwards to learn some more from others and offering my knowledge too.
Cheers, from Australia.
Tscan

Re: Greetings!

Post by Tscan »

Welcome to the forum! Prices have gone up a bit for film in the last couple years but resources like scanning has been getting better and cheaper. Reversal film is coming back this year too. Good time to starts shooting again!
Reborn member since Sept 2003
Patrick

Re: Greetings!

Post by Patrick »

Welcome to the forum. Always great to have another film enthusiast on board. I'm in Australia too and there are a few other Aussies here as well. Overall, it's a good international community that contribute to this forum.