Kodak Relaunches Online Store

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

videoguy326

Kodak Relaunches Online Store

Post by videoguy326 »

Hi guys,
Kodak recently relaunched their online store. You can buy super 8 direct from them at this link: http://store.kodak.com/store/kodak/en_U ... D.70237500
silverhalide

Re: Kodak Relaunches Online Store

Post by silverhalide »

Thanks for the tip. I really like ordering stuff like this online instead of by phone.

Wait...what...did they discontinue S8 V3 50D??

http://store.kodak.com/store/kodak/en_U ... D.70237500

It looks like they are only offering S8 in 200T and 500T.

I've seen weird stuff like this before, and products disappearing from website seem to precede bad things. For instance, Ektachrome slide film was removed from their website about 8 months before they announced discontinuance of E100VS, E100G, and E100D.
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

in this "ad" for the new cam the 50D promted so it would be strange if it is not available:
S8 Booster wrote:http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/01/06/k ... lm-camera/
The Super 8 camera comes with a C-mount Fixed 6mm, 1:1.2 Ricoh lens with full manual iris and focus control, but there is also a optional 6-48mm zoom lens also available. It will take 50ft Kodak Super 8 cartritges and can shoot in frame rates 9, 12, 18, 24, 25 (FPS) all with crystal sync. It has a integrated battery, 3.5″ viewfinder as well as a built in light meter.
shoot....

shoot...
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
Will2

Post by Will2 »

silverhalide wrote:Wait...what...did they discontinue S8 V3 50D??
Since that would be the perfect emulsion for the new Super 8 project I'm sure it's not discontinued. Maybe they're running low or are creating a new batch.
silverhalide

Post by silverhalide »

Will2 wrote:
silverhalide wrote:Wait...what...did they discontinue S8 V3 50D??
Since that would be the perfect emulsion for the new Super 8 project I'm sure it's not discontinued. Maybe they're running low or are creating a new batch.
I agree - it's the PERFECT emulsion to showcase the capabilities of S8 since it has such fine grain.

New theory: they didn't include it in their store because they're revving the packaging and they didn't want to have an image in the store that's inconsistent with their recent releases/announcements.
silverhalide

Post by silverhalide »

GOOD NEWS - S8 50D is not discontinued. They're keeping it. I'm sorry I got so excited about nothing.
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

silverhalide wrote:GOOD NEWS - S8 50D is not discontinued. They're keeping it. I'm sorry I got so excited about nothing.
I noticed that the other day. Happy to see they have online ordering, but no 50D in S8? Kind of assumed it was a mistake.
Reborn member since Sept 2003
Will2

Post by Will2 »

As soon as 50D shows up on the store in Super 8, I'll be ordering it. I always disliked calling Kodak direct and giving all the credit card info manually over the phone. Although I've had many nice conversations with Kodak service people.