For those who want R8 tri-X, COMMIT!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

hirudin

For those who want R8 tri-X, COMMIT!

Post by hirudin »

Commit to helping out John Schwind (mr8mm) with his last order from Kodak! If you want a good FORTY FOUR 100ft rolls of Kodak film for at least a year or two's shooting, commit now to $1000.

Seriously, likely the last of a good product at a decent price without the hassle of reperfing. DO IT! At the very least, (and it is the least) call Kodak's motion picture rep Aaron Saffa and let him know you want this product.

Thanks!

-Jesse-
Ektagraphic

Re: For those who want R8 tri-X, COMMIT!

Post by Ektagraphic »

I'm not sure that I have $1000 to drop down, but I'll certainly give Kodak a call some more.
Pull that old movie camera out of the closet! I'm sure it's hungry for some film!
carllooper

Post by carllooper »

I'll have a 1000 put away in about two month's time. If the deal closes before then I guess I'll just be a thousand richer instead. And buy it off whoever might be selling it then.

Carl
Carl Looper
http://artistfilmworkshop.org/
richard p. t.

Post by richard p. t. »

I wonder if this forum gets to enough Standard 8 users to find 15 people willing to commit like this. Of course, it could be more people investing less than 1000 each. But it would be interesting to know just how many people on this forum will miss Tri-X standard 8 when its gone. If you will miss it, reply to this thread and we'll do a survey.
I run Nano Lab - Australia's super8 ektachrome processing service
- visit nanolab.com.au
richard@nanolab.com.au
gaugefilm

Post by gaugefilm »

I've never used it for Standard 8, (only super8) but I'm sure I'll miss it without having used it already! Tri-X is a really nice stock and I want the option now I'm starting to get involved in Standard 8! I'm not in a position to put 1000 dollars in the pot but am interested in putting money in if more people get involved to reduce the total amount. Is there a deadline as to when the funds need to be raised?

Best
Kev
www.gaugefilm.co.uk
beamascope

Post by beamascope »

I use regular 8 as much or more than Super 8 but I can't commit $1000 to keep it alive. Somebody will fill the gap if there is enough need and at this point I hope it's not kodak. It sure doesn't feel like they are reorganizing as much as it feels like they are shutting down. They are much too large a company to pull off what they need to pull off.
aj

Post by aj »

richard p. t. wrote:I wonder if this forum gets to enough Standard 8 users to find 15 people willing to commit like this. Of course, it could be more people investing less than 1000 each. But it would be interesting to know just how many people on this forum will miss Tri-X standard 8 when its gone. If you will miss it, reply to this thread and we'll do a survey.

Yeah, check the views on this thread. Divide by the number of posts in it. And more or less you have the numbers of viewers. Then how many are R8 users.

I have revived using my Canozoom 512. Really nice machine. Using all kind of film in it as I buy all R8 film that I find on photoshows. Usually at very low prices. Then DIY processing in a 10 meter LOMO.

Amazing what nice images you get on Orwo of 30 years old. And the clarity these films still have.
Still have a number of Ferrania and a stack of several Kodak types, Even older.

This request to participate better be posted in a number of local fora in Europe and likely better through the paper magazine which still exist. There are several thousands of readers there :)
Kind regards,

André
supa8

Post by supa8 »

Is it a matter of ordering for 1000 altogether between a few people, or actually several people spending 1000 usd each?
I can purchase a few hundreds no problem
richard p. t.

Post by richard p. t. »

supa8 wrote:Is it a matter of ordering for 1000 altogether between a few people, or actually several people spending 1000 usd each?
I can purchase a few hundreds no problem
Read this thread about it:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23351
I run Nano Lab - Australia's super8 ektachrome processing service
- visit nanolab.com.au
richard@nanolab.com.au