Super 8 USA film

Collaborative film projects
Ektagraphic

Super 8 USA film

Post by Ektagraphic »

I know there are a lot of posts like this but would anyone be interested in passing a Super 8 cartridge around the USA or the world and sending if from person to person with each recording no more than 10 seconds on it then sending it back to me and I will have it processed and telecined?

Patrick
Pull that old movie camera out of the closet! I'm sure it's hungry for some film!
aj

Re: Super 8 USA film

Post by aj »

You had better posted this invitation on the main forum.
And use cinematography.com super-8 section too.

Maybe it still will work.
You could do one every season.
Kind regards,

André
DTNethery

Post by DTNethery »

Ektagraphic wrote:I know there are a lot of posts like this but would anyone be interested in passing a Super 8 cartridge around the USA or the world and sending if from person to person with each recording no more than 10 seconds on it then sending it back to me and I will have it processed and telecined?

Patrick
Sorry, I realize this is an old topic and I'm the new guy around here , so I hope I won't be resurrecting too many older topics (that can get annoying) but this sounds like an interesting project . Did you ever get anyone contacting you wanting to participate ?

I think the only thing that I'd suggest is that you give the collaborative "round the world" film a theme and ask participants to make their 10 second section fit that theme conceptually, so you don't just get back a bunch of totally random shots.
aj

Post by aj »

Read up on the PTC pass the cart project threads. And see if it will work.

Maybe you can something with known friends but don't expect this to work with near strangers.

And 10 seconds is mighty short although you can expect some to be stupid enough to shoot 30 sec or 60 sec

With 10 sec you would need 18 or so people :)
Kind regards,

André