PTC 1. The next step.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Angus

Re: PTC 1. The next step.

Post by Angus »

woods01 wrote:
Its interesting the way distances are perceived between Europe and N.A. I've crossed the Rockie Mountains in a single day and thought nothing of it. But when I was in England it was like pulling teeth to get my cousins to drive me to Stone Henge which was only 90 minutes away!
When I imported my American wife into the UK, one of the things she wanted to do was visit Stonehenge. It actually took us 10 years to achieve that, and we live around 3 hours drive away. You would think it would not be unreasonable to drive there and back in one day, but there's no way we'd do that. Driving in Europe is more of an active thing than it is in the UK...no long, straight highways at a steady 60...over here nobody obeys speed limits and even if the motorway is straight you'll be doing anything from 30 to 90mph on a typical day...driving is more difficult, uses more mental and physical energy. Its also more FUN.

As for Mojohey...good on Tim for getting a message from him. Hopefully we will get somewhere and Mojo/Morris is just busy rather than antagonastic against this project.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
Muckymuck

Post by Muckymuck »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the address. Apologies for the late reply - I've just moved home and job.

If you're still having difficulty, I will do is start by sending him a letter (assuming you haven't done this already). The Royal Mail in the UK is 99% reliable so chances are it will get through.

If this doesn't work after two or three tries, I will at some point this year (by the summer at the latest - I know we have a December processing deadline here) do a trip up to Scotland to see if the mystery can be resolved.

Keep me posted
etimh

Post by etimh »

Mojohey has contacted me and says that he has recieved all of the carts back from Dwaynes and intends to package them up for shipment to me.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Tim
aj

Post by aj »

Good news. Now there must be some cinemascope technicolor transfer such that all participants and onlookers can witness the show in full glory. :)

Hopefully through a Vimeo or smugmug HD hosting.
Or even a DVD distribution!
Kind regards,

André
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

This is great. I filmed the old Holmenkollen skijump arena, (a national symbol) because at the time they wantet to build a new one for the Ski VM in Oslo in 2011
...Meanwhile, the new arena is up, it's going to be aficcially opened by our foremost femal skijumper tonight, and they tested it last night.
http://www.dagbladet.no/2010/03/03/spor ... /10676285/ link in norwegian

Hope all carts will come out and PTC 1 now will be completed. Finally.
aj

Post by aj »

Tim,

Not being a participant but from the outside :)

The vikings crossed the Atlantic quicker then the parcel from this guy.

You better get onto it again before the UK/EU holiday season starts.
Or ask this guy from the forum to indeed visit the man in skirt.

Otherwise these films will never surface again and get to you.

Good luck :)
Kind regards,

André
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

What's happening Tim? did you get the films?
Mark
aj

Post by aj »

Let us hope he (the cartrdige hostagetaker) wasn't shot by the taxidriver on a rampage. :)
These kind of people use any excuse.
Kind regards,

André
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Could someone with a twitter account contact him?:
http://twitter.com/morrismilne
I tried both the email accounts I have for him and they both bounce back as non-existent.
Mark

(in his bio on twitter he lists "game playing" 8O )
aj

Post by aj »

Better all write a letter (thing on paper) to the misses of Morris Milne.

Or send a reposes pose of angry PTC Kodachrome shooters :)

Obviously the guy lost interest and isn't shy of a lie. Very unlikely he will remember the films and his empty promises by himself. It is just like a drug addict.
Kind regards,

André
etimh

Post by etimh »

This is the last PM I recieved from mojohey on February 27th of this year:
Hi Tim,

thats all the material back with me from Dwaynes. I am happy to send the project over to you now as i know in my heart no matter how much i want it finished... it might take too long. If you send me your address i will package everything and ship it out. Thanks for taking over Tim , good luck.

Thanks

Morris.
Well, I sent him all of my info, but since it seemed like he was going to finally follow through, I backed off a bit and decided to wait. Needless to say, I have not recieved the package of our films nor any further word from him. At least he has it all back from Dwayne's so we won't have to sweat the end of the year deadline.

I think we should all start the process of contacting him again by whatever means necessary. I have no email for him but I do get announcements when he posts pics at his Flicker account, so I've gone over there and made comments on his posted pictures (to add insult to injury he has a pic posted there of all the PTC material--so frustrating)

Let's get back on his case.

Tim
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

etimh wrote: I have no email for him but I do get announcements when he posts pics at his Flicker account, so I've gone over there and made comments on his posted pictures (to add insult to injury he has a pic posted there of all the PTC material--so frustrating)

Tim
And I'm sure you've left some interesting comments. This is all so weird, it's almost surreal. How FUCKING hard is it for the guy to go to the post office and mail the damn carts? Does Scotland not have post offices the way we do in the US? Does he have to drive 50 km to find one? I don't get it.
Blue Audio Visual

Post by Blue Audio Visual »

50km?

It's miles over here Chas, not kilometres!

There are PLENTY of Post Offices here in the UK, I have to walk for a whole 2 minutes to get to my closest one, and there are another 2 within 10 mins walk.

The guy's just a fucking flake.
Angus

Post by Angus »

I am known as a man with a lot of patience. But this has been something like four years now...and we've seen nothing.

With PTC2, which is I think two years into the project, we've been kept informed, the films have been posted to Vimeo etc.

I know this project obviously has a low priority for Morris, but it really only takes a few weeks to find time to go to the post office even for the lowest priority project. If I lived closer (am near London) I'd consider a trip to his home address myself.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
aj

Post by aj »

The problem is of course to have some certainty that he will be home and opening the door after a long (or short) journey. And then expect him to be cooperative :(
Kind regards,

André