A return to S8!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Nigel

A return to S8!

Post by Nigel »

Finally after not having shot S8 in long long time I have convinced a director to let me shoot some of it for an upcoming gig.

Don't know when/where/how I will use it exactly as we are still working through some stuff but he is open to it. There are a few scenes I can think of that may work with some 5ooT.

Now it is just a matter of doing some tests and hoping that the 4008ZMII is still up to the task. The last time I had it out it was looking like it needed some attention.

Good Luck
Mitch Perkins

Re: A return to S8!

Post by Mitch Perkins »

Nigel wrote:Finally after not having shot S8 in long long time I have convinced a director to let me shoot some of it for an upcoming gig.

Don't know when/where/how I will use it exactly as we are still working through some stuff but he is open to it. There are a few scenes I can think of that may work with some 5ooT.

Now it is just a matter of doing some tests and hoping that the 4008ZMII is still up to the task. The last time I had it out it was looking like it needed some attention.

Good Luck
Cool!

I suggest taking a couple of (tested) backup cameras on the day just to be safe....

Mitch
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Yeah. I've never needed a back up with my 4008 but it seems that it has been in a case way to long. It needs a good cleaning. Maybe that will be on my list of things this coming Summer...

Good Luck
marc

Post by marc »

How does being in a case for an extended period of time qualify it for a cleaning?
Dr. Rima Laibow Warns Globalists Preparing New Bio Attack / Learn the Secret History of COVID
https://banned.video/watch?id=64405470faba4278d462a791
Still want to call me a Nutter?!!!!
Mitch Perkins

Post by Mitch Perkins »

Nigel wrote:Yeah. I've never needed a back up with my 4008 but it seems that it has been in a case way to long. It needs a good cleaning. Maybe that will be on my list of things this coming Summer...

Good Luck
This summer....so the gig is a ways away?

It's great to have a solid trusty cam, but these things, (much as I love the beautiful little bastards), have an uncanny knack for failing at just the wrong moment, especially on a real set where there's bound to be at least one or two doofuses just waiting to say "I told you so....can't use Super 8 for anything etc."

Just a thought....

Mitch
aj

Post by aj »

@ Nigel

Glad you have kept the S8-spirit.
Please keep us posted on progress and results. :)
Kind regards,

André
Will2

Post by Will2 »

If it's a paying gig, maybe you should send it to Bjorn to get it serviced. What an amazing job that man does!
super8man

Post by super8man »

meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

I was under the impression you had no use for super 8?
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Well S8Man it's not that I gave up on S8 but recently I just haven't had a reason/gig to shoot it.

As for the camera's reliability it has worked hard and long on shoots before. It just needs a cleaning. It's been in the case for a couple years and it shows. The reostat is whacky now. Plus even before I locked it away it was needing a cleaning. I used to have it in every two or three years. At this point it has been a good five years since it was under the knife.

Good Luck