John Pytlak has passed away

This forum is dedicated to Filmshooting members and filmpeople who have passed away.
BigBeaner

Post by BigBeaner »

Sincere condolences to John's family. Such a kind, knowledgeable man who was always out there to help any one of us.

I'm also on cinematography.com's board and I really like one posters suggestion of setting up a fund of some sort, I would love to see this happen especially if Kodak could help us out.
videoguy326

John

Post by videoguy326 »

My condolences to John's family at this very sad time. John had an incredible knowledge of film and was an amazing contributor to this website. His sense of humor and kindness will never be forgotten. God Bless John and his family and may John forever rest in peace in Heaven.
Joe Gioielli

Post by Joe Gioielli »

Godspeed John, we'll see you later.
Zevon forever!
Shanec8mm

Post by Shanec8mm »

Very sad to hear about the passing of John, he will be missed. May he rest in peace.
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

Sad news about his gone. Rest in Peace Mr. Pytlak!
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
MovieMaker

Post by MovieMaker »

My deepest condolences to John's family and friends.

He will have a long afterlife in all of us - also through his valuable expertise he shared with us.

Rest in peace, John.

MovieMaker
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

My deepest condolances to his family and friends. He will be missed. Rest in peace.
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

That is the post I had fear to read.
John, I hope you are still reading our messages...
I think you were a wonderful person. One of that who render the world a better place.
Thank you for your love for us.

goodbye John...
Last edited by Ugo on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angus

Post by Angus »

I am sure like many people here I had been fearing that one day in the not too distant future I would be reading news of the passing of someone I considered a friend, and a gentleman who was so generous with his expertese that he continued to help film enthusiasts even when he became very ill.

Best wishes and my sympathy to John's family.

Angus
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
SUMO SAN

Post by SUMO SAN »

Very sad news...
My condolences for his family.
Rest in peace, John.
yolia

Post by yolia »

A great man. Let's not mourn that he died but celebrate that he lived! Thanks for your knowledge and your humanity, John. See you in the next world.
Best,
Victor
johnnhud

Post by johnnhud »

It's hard to know what to say when faced with a loss. I'll your family in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your many contributions over the years.

-Johnnhud
John_Pytlak

Post by John_Pytlak »

Hello, this is Anne, John's daughter. Thank you so much for all your kind messages and sharing of memories. Here is the obituary to be run tomorrow:

Penfield, NY: August 17, 2007 at age 59 after a courageous battle with cancer. Loved dearly and survived by his wife, Elizabeth, of 34 years; daughters Katie (Jim) Spillman and Anne Pytlak, and grandson Benjamin John Spillman; sister Adrienne (Stanley) Ziemba and brother Frank (Pamela) Pytlak; many nieces and nephews, cousins, colleagues, and dear friends.
John offered his physical body to the University of Rochester anatomical gift program. A memorial Mass will be held at the Church of St. Jerome, 207 South Garfield Street, East Rochester, NY 14445 at noon on Saturday, August 25, 2007.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to: The George Eastman House, 900 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607; The Church of St. Jerome, 207 South Garfield Street, East Rochester, NY 14445; Rochester General Hospital Foundation, c/o Rochester Heart Institute, 1299 Portland Avenue, Rochester, NY 14621, or Rochester General Hospital Foundation, c/o Lipson Cancer Center, 1299 Portland Avenue, Rochester, NY 14621.
John Pytlak
EI Customer Technical Services
Research Lab, Building 69
Eastman Kodak Company
Rochester, NY 14650-1922 USA
blanka

Post by blanka »

my sympathy goes out to his loved ones, and my respect and glass is raised to the memory of john.

goodbye fella.....
JCook

Post by JCook »

My Condolences Anne to you and your family.

Rest in peace John, I look forward to meeting you someday in the here after, god is our shepherd.