John Pytlak Health Update

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

John_Pytlak

John Pytlak Health Update

Post by John_Pytlak »

I got home from the hospital Monday November 20, after my surgery on November 14. The news was not good, as the surgeon found that the cancer had spread from the appendix region into the small intestine and abdominal wall, such that it could not be removed surgically. :( After I heal from the exploratory surgery (10-inch long incision), they can begin chemotherapy to hopefully slow down the growth and spread of the tumors. I have an appointment with my oncologist to discuss and perhaps begin chemotherapy on November 29.

Cancers of the appendix are very rare and hard to find, as they usually start to grow outside the intestines, so they are not usually found early with routine colonoscopy exams. I had a colonscopy two years ago that was completely "clear".

Again, your kind thoughts and prayers have certainly helped emotionally, even if they were unable to change the diagnosis. Please keep them coming!

John Pytlak
Eastman Kodak Company
John Pytlak
EI Customer Technical Services
Research Lab, Building 69
Eastman Kodak Company
Rochester, NY 14650-1922 USA
CHAS

Re: John Pytlak Health Update

Post by CHAS »

John_Pytlak wrote:I got home from the hospital Monday November 20, after my surgery on November 14. The news was not good, as the surgeon found that the cancer had spread from the appendix region into the small intestine and abdominal wall, such that it could not be removed surgically. :( After I heal from the exploratory surgery (10-inch long incision), they can begin chemotherapy to hopefully slow down the growth and spread of the tumors. I have an appointment with my oncologist to discuss and perhaps begin chemotherapy on November 29.

Cancers of the appendix are very rare and hard to find, as they usually start to grow outside the intestines, so they are not usually found early with routine colonoscopy exams. I had a colonscopy two years ago that was completely "clear".

Again, your kind thoughts and prayers have certainly helped emotionally, even if they were unable to change the diagnosis. Please keep them coming!

John Pytlak
Eastman Kodak Company
So sorry to hear this. My best wishes,
Chas
johnnhud

Post by johnnhud »

John, I also wish you the best. I have been wondering how things were going since I hadn't seen you on the forum in a while. Sadly I don't really know what words would be best to say in your situation. However, I will keep you in my thoughts and pray for the best. Your contributions on Filmshooting.com have always been apprechieated.
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

Dear Mr. Pytlak,
my heart is with you. My best wishes too!
ccortez

Post by ccortez »

John,

Keep up your strength and your spirit. You are your own best friend in a fight like this, as I'm sure you know. You will remain in my prayers and healing thoughts.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Best,
Chris
DrkAngl

Post by DrkAngl »

John,

You have been our guiding light in the film world. I hope you will be able to continue your valuable work with Kodak at some point.

Best wishes to you. I hope, with chemotherapy treatment, you will have a successful and speedy recovery.

Be sure to keep us all informed of your progress.

Best Wishes
paul

Post by paul »

Hello John,

I missed your contributions at the forum here and have thought of how you were doing. Keep on fighting!!

Best wishes.
Superbus_

Post by Superbus_ »

Dear John,
One of my colleauge had cancer ( I don't know the type of it) but after the succesful chemotherapy treatment she is 100% healthy. She was emotionally very strong, so I think this is a key factor to regain your health.

Best wishes.
avr

Post by avr »

Hello Jonh, you must to fight, you will win.
I pray for you.
reedsturtevant

Post by reedsturtevant »

John,

I'm sorry to hear your news and wish you strength and success as you go forward into chemo.

I am grateful to you for being so generous with your time and knowledge here, and in other places online: please count me as a John Pytlak fan!

- Reed S.
Jean Poirier

Post by Jean Poirier »

Good luck and I hope for the best. Jean
superotto.40

Post by superotto.40 »

i nostri pensieri sono con lei John.

my best wishes for you.
BigBeaner

Post by BigBeaner »

John,

Best wishes and good luck I wish you and your family have a good thanksgiving as much as possible tomorrow.
teadub

Post by teadub »

Stay strong, you will be in my thoughts as well. You have touched the lives of many. Wishing you and your family the happiest of holidays.
• Steven Christopher Wallace •
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2591403/
http://www.scwfilms.com
Uppsala BildTeknik

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

My wifes sister had cancer. With some chemotherapy and surgery she has now overcome the cancer.

Kepp up the spirit, stay strong! Best wishes to you John, may you overcome the cancer. Them doctors can work wonders sometime.

Best wishes

Kent Kumpula
Sweden