Where to find new belts for my Fujicascope M40 projector?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Arislan

Where to find new belts for my Fujicascope M40 projector?

Post by Arislan »

Friend from Japan sold me a projector, but doesn't know anything about a source for bulbs. It's a M40! Any idea where I should look for it? I think I might need new belts too...
Last edited by Arislan on Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Here we all are, all our nationalities chatting and joking on a forum- two or three generations ago we were blowing each other up! "
tlatosmd

Post by tlatosmd »

Three words for you: Wittner strike back! ;)
"Mama don't take my Kodachrome away!" -
Paul Simon

Chosen tools of the trade:
Bauer S209XL, Revue Sound CS60AF, Canon 310XL

The Beatles split up in 1970; long live The Beatles!
Arislan

Post by Arislan »

Thanks, aber Ich muss's bekommen, waehrend ich noch lebendig bin! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any USA sources?
"Here we all are, all our nationalities chatting and joking on a forum- two or three generations ago we were blowing each other up! "
tlatosmd

Post by tlatosmd »

So you're in the US? Then most likely not Wittner is your problem but US customs.
Paul Simon

jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss »

Hi,

try eBay - there are several smaler photoshops that are using eBay for their online-sales.
Or you might try any of the shops listed here:
http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Categor ... of_America

Jörg
This space was left intenionally blank.
fastwind

Post by fastwind »

Arislan,

If you need a projector bulb it will probably be here :

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl

Ebay will probably be cheaper, but you can get all the specs at that site.
Arislan

Post by Arislan »

Thanks all for the links and advice. I actually ordered a lamp from ebay so now I just need the new belts for the projector. I should probably edit the topic title but I don't know if it will let me.

It's odd that this projector had no lamp as it is new in the box unused. Even the box was near mint.
Taelon

Post by Taelon »

You could try making your own belts if you're unable to find proper ones for the M40. Larry Urbanski at http://urbanskifilm.com/ sells belt material (in 3 different thicknesses, round cut) that you can cut to size and weld together using a candle flame. I've used this material myself and it works very well - although the welding can be a bit tricky, the resulting bond is VERY strong, probably stronger than the whole rest of the belt. Anyway, that's my $0.02. 8)
tlatosmd

Post by tlatosmd »

Arislan wrote:Thanks, aber Ich muss's bekommen, waehrend ich noch lebendig bin! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any USA sources?
Update: Wittner's reliability has been evidenced this week. I've ordered 1 cart of Wittnerchrome100D, 1 cart of 64T, three German issues of SCHMALFILM, and the NOMOS 2005 DVD on Monday, and I had it all on Thursday.

And BTW, if you live here in Hamburg, it's not your first order with them, and you order express-way, you'll even have your order within a few hours.
Paul Simon

Angus

Post by Angus »

You ought to be able to find a supplier of belting material and make your own belts to any length...the stuff I've used, you cut it roughly to the correct length then melt each end with a soldering iron...and it sticks together to form a belt. Comes in 2mm, 3mm and 5mm wide material...so all you need to know is the correct width of the belt (diameter).

It should be *very* cheap...think I paid £5 for a meter.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
tim

Post by tim »

Try

http://www.isoplethics.co.uk/belts.htm

They ship world wide and take PayPal.