Extremely steep postage for an ebay item

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Patrick

Extremely steep postage for an ebay item

Post by Patrick »

I was browsing ebay and came upon a poster of a Chinese panoramic camera. All seemed normal until I found out the postage cost - us$9000. There is a question asked by someone regarding the cost of postage of this item. Take a look at the answer provided by the seller in an attempt to justify himself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/810-8X10-617-6X17-6 ... dZViewItem
Joe Gioielli

Post by Joe Gioielli »

I think this is a "translation issue" kind of thing. If you look at the other auctions, there are real cameras for sale, shipping $70 to $80.

The item in question is a poster with $9000 shipping. I think the idea behind : "the item is only a poster.To prevent buyer to bid wrongly." is "This item is really just an ad for my auctions. I don't really want anyone to bid on this item. So I have decided to make this item so expensive that no one will bid on it. Since ebay will charge me more money for an expensive listing than a cheap one, I have decided to increase the shipping to $9000 to keep people from bidding on something they shouldn't bid on."

Kinda wish they were selling that poster. '8O' Man, it is cool, and so cheap. Sure the shipping is steep, but gosh. I wonder if the auction ended?
Zevon forever!