EMJ Gone??

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

flatwood

Post by flatwood »

S8 Booster wrote: tim, i think this was ejms (java-mans) first post on this forum (as a guest) and they just went longer,

Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:00 am
Anonymous wrote:.... so instead of me purchasing them and having to resell them, i would like to ask the members to loan them to me against fair market value... any takers?
Yes, I remember that one. I had just joined a week earlier and was still reading everything. EMJ was a fascinating study. He and I carried on a private correspondence for a few weeks/months regarding my studio doing some kind of sound track for the film he was saying he was going to make. I supplied tons of tech info, etc but I finally requested a deposit to secure my services and I never heard from him again on the subject. I dont know if he ever made that film.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I don't dislike EMJ and I don't think he is a bad guy as a person. So I would like to keep this thread from turning into a bash EMJ thread....

I simply was trying to point out that he has since disappeared back into the Ether and his very intese and very brief love affair with filmmaking is looks to be over. all without showing us a single frame--That I can remember. the Fabio self-portrait aside.

He was one strange cat. That much we can all agree on.

Good Luck
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

Nigel wrote:I don't dislike EMJ and I don't think he is a bad guy as a person. So I would like to keep this thread from turning into a bash EMJ thread....
Of course, and he was very entertaining to have a conversation with and obviously very smart. I was looking forward to going to Cabo to work with him there for about 15 minutes.
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

i think ejm got a lot of un-deserved pepper.
he didnt know it all but he is a bright entrepreneur and could gotten far with some guidance.

he has the resources and the money to get where he wants - if he is still in it.

i liked his posts but they were often to long to keep the momentum.

i saw him instantly critisized for the same on an dv board or something after his 2nd post or something.

wonder where he and the other hitech programmer guy got with their "new" transfer alogaritms. seemed serious but it never took off?
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I wonder if he sold his eclair...I know he sold his Minima.

http://www.filmshooting.com/scripts/gal ... erfilmfool

Good Luck
matt5791

Post by matt5791 »

Interestion you should start this thread Nigel - I was wondering what had happened to him too.

I have to say I always had the same impression Nigel had.

I thought some of his servicing ideas for the Beaulieu cameras sounded absurd and sure to damage, probably irrevocably.

Matt
Birmingham UK.
http://www.wells-photography.co.uk
Avatar: Kenneth Moore (left) with producers (centre) discussing forthcoming film to be financed by my grandfather (right) C.1962
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

There have been instances of absences by EMJ before on this board (sometimes for considerably lenghts of time) and he always came back. So perhaps he will return again.