Kodachrome Dentist

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

CToTheH

Kodachrome Dentist

Post by CToTheH »

Hell YEAH!! today was an awsome day of shooting. A local dentist was interested in someone filming a patient (my brother) getting a filling. Little did he know that I was going to use a super 8 camera (Canon 814xls) with k40 film (2 rolls)

I got some very nice close ups of metal tools going into my brother's mouth. The film will hopefully look really cool.

My only two concerns were that there wasn't much available light. Most of it was shot at 18fps at a 220 shutter angle at a 1.4 f-stop. Some times I was able to get a nice f4, and two times an okay 2.8.

I know that the images will be slightly hazy, but I've never seen any dentist working on a patient in super 8!

I will post the footage asap. The problem is that I think I sent it to the wrong adress for dwaynes. I sent the film to the adress listed in the upper left corner of the order form without the po box number, just the number beside it.

-Chris
vidwerk

Post by vidwerk »

I am interested to see how it turns out. The lighting instruments that dentists use are quite bright, so I would imagine that the close-ups would expose fine.

vidwerk.
BigBeaner

Post by BigBeaner »

Ya same here, I was finishing up shooting the music video i'm working on on cinechrome 40 and had problem with lighting so interested in seeing how this would work. I guess I talked about that when I came out from under having my wisdom teeth removed about whether that 650w light they use to light up your mouth would be enough. Damn sodium pentithol.