wich stock?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

PITIRRE

wich stock?

Post by PITIRRE »

Hi everyone:

For several months I was planning to shot a music "video" on super 8, my first choice was of course to use K-40 but as everybody knows this stock is not be probably available by the time I be ready to start shooting.

The 64T looks some kind of good but the colors are some kind of bluish and dull, at least by the examples I saw on this forum and other places.

This film that I planning deals with images that require brilliant colors with the less possible grainess, the idea is to showing on TV. I was thinking on on using a negative stocks but I don't know wich, any suggestion from anyone?
"WE HAVE TO DECIDE WHAT WE WANT TO BE YANKEES OR PUERTO RICAN"

PEDRO ALBIZU CAMPOS
mattias

Post by mattias »

16mm. any stock. super 8 should only be used if you want it to be grainy. 64t has great colors, much better than k40, but it's grainer for sure.

/matt
BK

Re: wich stock?

Post by BK »

PITIRRE wrote: This film that I planning deals with images that require brilliant colors with the less possible grainess, the idea is to showing on TV. I was thinking on on using a negative stocks but I don't know wich, any suggestion from anyone?
Well, you can always shoot it on Single 8 on Fujichrome R25...brilliant colours and fine grain.

Bill
Kalu

Post by Kalu »

Or Kodachrome Double super8.
"Four legs good, two legs bad"
tlatosmd

Post by tlatosmd »

If you see it with a bluish tint, it's only due to the lack of the correct external daylight filter.
"Mama don't take my Kodachrome away!" -
Paul Simon

Chosen tools of the trade:
Bauer S209XL, Revue Sound CS60AF, Canon 310XL

The Beatles split up in 1970; long live The Beatles!