Scratching the Back of Others...

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Alex

Scratching the Back of Others...

Post by Alex »

mattias wrote:
reflex wrote:You know as well as I do that a magazine editor will print the results of his E64T tests in his magazine first
no, i don't. i have no problem with him publishing his results in his magazine, but what is he doing here then? andreas runs this site on a voluntary basis and most of us are happy to share any knowledge we might have on any subject without thinking of how we can use it for commercial purposes. if somebody doesn't like that he or she should get the hell out and never show their ugly face again. in my opinion.

/matt
I believe this to be a conundrum. A small format magazine probably does not necesssarily have deep pockets to pay for advertising in general. On the other hand, the small format magazine can pick up many subscription orders by being on this forum.

So, how can the two entities scratch each others back?

As it stands now, this is what is known as a "Mexican stand-off". Just publicizing this website alone in the small format magazine will only cost Andreas more money through additional website usage, and the magazine probably can't pay for advertising here, (or maybe it can???)

If this website had a sellable item or two, then that could be put into the small format magazine in the form of a small press release or advertisement and the two entities could help each other out.
sooper8fan

Post by sooper8fan »

Alex wrote:
If this website had a sellable item or two
I would very much like to see that. As mentioned before, the shirts would be a good idea, maybe stickers, a DVD of some sort (NTSC & PAL), however, it sounded like a basic T-shirt was going to run $25-$35 USD which is a little steep for a T-shirt. Would a vinyl sticker for the car window be about $15?
photo site: http://www.zelophoto.com
photo blog: http://www.zelophotoblog.com
Alex

Post by Alex »

I noticed on Andrea's front newspage that schmalfilm is there with what appears to be an ad. Was schmalfilm there all this time and many of us didn't know?
jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss »

Alex wrote:Was schmalfilm there all this time and many of us didn't know?
The German "schmalfilm" exists since 1950 (or 1949?). The first English versions ("smallformat") will be out this year.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I guess my topic was not clear.

If Schmalfilm is advertising on this website than "teasing" the members here by saying they can read it about new test results involving Ektachrome 64 in the magazine is not out of line.

I sensed that Mattias (and myself included) did not know that Schmalfilm was already advertising on this forum via the actual url address "front page". (filmshooting.com)

Many members probably have this forum bookmarked and as a result do not visit the front page that often. (myself included, again).