Totally OT: 35mm slide film

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

vidwerk

Post by vidwerk »

Incidentally, what type of SLR did you get?

vidwerk.
Will2

Post by Will2 »

Tyler wrote:
Will2 wrote: Pick up a Holga 120 camera for $19.95 while your at it and have some fun with that format too.

I just got one of these recently, really fun to mess around with.
I'm into any film imaging device that will give me results a digital camera can't (without spending time in Photoshop). Holgas are a blast, and 120 film is available in every type of emulsion. Just wish processing wasn't so expensive.
RichardB

Post by RichardB »

vidwerk wrote:I would avoid using the blue filter since these films are naturally saturated as is. Some people use a polarizer even which can be overkill especially with the velvia 100 I find. Stick with a UV and I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

vidwerk.
Cool - well I've got a UV, 80A, 82A, 85, 85B and some close up filters from a S8 cam so I should be set. I guess it can't hurt to play about with it a bit, and I might use it for negative films if I get any.

I got a Canon 3000v back with the 28-90mm zoom, basic of the basic but I aim to get a Canon digital back at some point so it'll all be compatible. It has all the features that I need right now and is pretty beginner friendly, so I'm really happy with it. I ended up buying one new for £99 which is a snip of a price for a new SLR, and since its new there is a 12 month warranty.

The only major purchase I can think of that I might need now is a faster lens, the EF 50mm f/1.8 one they do seems to be very good value for money so I might try that for use indoors.