Wittner K25 Processing

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

BigBeaner

Wittner K25 Processing

Post by BigBeaner »

Okay so I shot K25 that was bought from Wittner with processing paid (thanks to UppsalaBildTeknik and the reg8 test) now what I'm wondering about is when I'm go to the post office is postage paid?
jpolzfuss

Re: Wittner K25 Processing

Post by jpolzfuss »

BigBeaner wrote:Okay so I shot K25 that was bought from Wittner with processing paid (thanks to UppsalaBildTeknik and the reg8 test) now what I'm wondering about is when I'm go to the post office is postage paid?
Hi!

No, postage is not included (except for Kodak sending back the film to you).
But: Every photo-shop(*) that's connected to the "kodak distribution chain" (or whatever this is called in English) should be able to send it to your national kodak-headquarters for free (who will then send it to Lausanne - free for you, too). You can send it to your national kodak-headquarters yourself, too, which is probably cheaper than sending it directly to Switzerland.
However: Using Kodak's free services might add one to two weeks until the film's returned.

Hope this helps,
Jörg
P.S.: You'll have to visit a real "photo-shop" - even if a drugstore or supermarket has such a connection to Kodak, there's a high chance that the employees don't know or care about how to use it. Sad, but true.
Rob

Post by Rob »

No to BigBeaner and no to Jorg.

Kodak has not marketed Regular 8 film for over a decade. They continue to produce it ocasionally in response to bulk private orders and what Wittners sells will have been produced on this basis. The process paid deal is an arrangement you've made with Wittners not with Kodak. You'll have to post it back to Germany and they will then arrange to have it developed and returned to you.

Rob
Uppsala BildTeknik

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

Really? Sunrise, where did you send your reel, it came from Wittner too with processing paid.
Did you send it to Wittner or to Kodak in Switzerland?
jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss »

Rob wrote:No to BigBeaner and no to Jorg.

Kodak has not marketed Regular 8 film for over a decade. They continue to produce it ocasionally in response to bulk private orders and what Wittners sells will have been produced on this basis. The process paid deal is an arrangement you've made with Wittners not with Kodak. You'll have to post it back to Germany and they will then arrange to have it developed and returned to you.

Rob
Well... Wittner's webpages says "price incl. processing by Kodak". Hence it's the same deal as with the Super8-Kodachrome 40...
Rob

Post by Rob »

jpolzfuss wrote: Well... Wittner's webpages says "price incl. processing by Kodak". Hence it's the same deal as with the Super8-Kodachrome 40...
Hmm not sure about that. If you buy Standard 8 Kodachrome process paid from John Schwind, its processed by Kodak but you send it back to JS and he forwards it to Switzerland. The same applies if you buy it process paid from Photoworld. The way Standard 8 is produced now is that Kodak sell it in bulk to a private buyer and the buyer spools it up and sells it on as they see fit. Kodak dont know how many reels it will be spooled onto. It could go onto 100' reels or it could be 33' reels so I dont see how they can include a processing fee when they sell the film to the private buyer. Still, Wittner seem to have some deal going with Kodak (their tins carry the Kodachrome trademark, others do not) so maybe that includes some kind of process paid mailer. It will be interesting to find out.

Rob
BigBeaner

Post by BigBeaner »

Ah Alright just being extra cautious as I'm one of the lazy people that can just go to Walmart or Cinelab in Boston and just drop it off. It comes with a sticker already filled out that you put on the package, you just put your return address. Hey this is what the boards are for, thanks guys.