K40 gone - Time to sell cameras?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Number6

Post by Number6 »

And to think: I passed up an opportunity back in April to buy as much Kodachrome as I wanted to, straight from Kodak, at 15% off.

I have an Autopak D4 and a Cannon 814. At least one of those should be good for the new stock, right? I also have a Chinon 1206 but it is broken so I don't think it really matters what Kodak is selling.

Also, this new film processes at E-6. What was K40 processed at, anyone remember? Wal-m-apart could handle K40, and it was Soooooo cheap. I'd hate to have to send off to $20 labs when I don't have to.
"The probability of one individual being right, increases in direct proportion to the intensity with which others are trying to prove him wrong." -- James Mason
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Now that I've come off as a comple wannabe . . .

I have some Ektachrome and some Vision2 in the fridge for real important shoots, its just why pay more when you're experimenting with a new camera you found on Ebay or you just want to let the kids film something?

Egg off my face? Or making it worse?
"The probability of one individual being right, increases in direct proportion to the intensity with which others are trying to prove him wrong." -- James Mason
Ishootspr8

Kodak and the new super8 color reversal film 64T

Post by Ishootspr8 »

I wonder what Martin Baumgarten has to say about all of this??? I guess this is going to really suck for anyone who can't adjust the exposure on thier camera.
Splee

Re: Kodak and the new super8 color reversal film 64T

Post by Splee »

Ishootspr8 wrote:I wonder what Martin Baumgarten has to say about all of this??? I guess this is going to really suck for anyone who can't adjust the exposure on thier camera.
Well, it relegates my lovely Canon AF310XL to Tri-X only. I've bought an Instamatic M2 for E64T.

Lee
Ishootspr8

in regards to processing....

Post by Ishootspr8 »

If you live in or around NYC I buy my film directly from Kodak in Manhattan and I use Pac Lab they have really good prices on film developing. The new B&W stocks are only 10.00 each to develop I guess I have to wait to see what happens with the new color stock as far as prices go. On the Kodachrome and Ektachrome it's 13.00 per cartridge. For B&W and Ekta they offer a same day service in by 8:30am back by 4:30pm. The Koda they send to Switzerland and it takes about 2-3 weeks. Check them out the website I believe is:

http://www.pac-lab.com
npcoombs

Post by npcoombs »

Er, I just want to know why anyone is shooting on auto-exposure-only cameras with no apeture control when decent cameras are so cheap?

This topic is just ridiculous. Buy a proper camera for goodness sake.