New Kodak Film Cleaner

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Tscan

New Kodak Film Cleaner

Post by Tscan »

I don't know how much this thing will cost, but it looks like a dream come true!
http://htl.li/WdIDh
Reborn member since Sept 2003
Mana

Re: New Kodak Film Cleaner

Post by Mana »

Very cool! B-)
R8: Bolex B8

S8: Beaulieu 7008 Pro, Beaulieu 4008zm2 "Jubilee", Leicina Special, Eumig Nautica (24fps)

DS8: Bolex H8 Rex4

S16: Bolex Rex4
slashmaster

Post by slashmaster »

The way it talks about it atomizing the fluid like that reminds me of fuel injection. Wonder if the same thing can be done with a couple of fuel injectors and a source to pulse them?
vintagefilm

Post by vintagefilm »

Fuel injectors would work..you need a hi pressure pump..a regulator and a pulse generator to complete a system.
Last time we priced the hfe chemical this uses it cost around 1400 usd for a 4 gallon bucket.
Grace McKay
Electric Pictures
Spirit High Definition Motion Picture Telecine Scanning
ElectricPictures.tv
949-838-0001
JeremyC

Post by JeremyC »

Its good that Kodak is getting out there and trying to advertise new equipment and services or am I just being naive?
slashmaster

Post by slashmaster »

vintagefilm wrote:Fuel injectors would work..you need a hi pressure pump..a regulator and a pulse generator to complete a system.
Last time we priced the hfe chemical this uses it cost around 1400 usd for a 4 gallon bucket.
Yup, the same car you pulled the fuel injectors from you can pull the fuel pump and regulator. So what's so great about the "hfe" chemical? Why not Vitafilm, Filmguard or some other cheaper one?
vintagefilm

Post by vintagefilm »

Actually this machine looks and functions in a similar way the the lipsnersmith rti excell1100. A machine coild be made to use any fluid you choose but will be more or less effective based on the details of speed fluid use etc.
Grace McKay
Electric Pictures
Spirit High Definition Motion Picture Telecine Scanning
ElectricPictures.tv
949-838-0001
Will2

Post by Will2 »

I'm more impressed that they updated their website! When did that happen?

I'm sure that system will be great, but with so many labs and transfer houses getting rid of equipment it would be hard to justify the cost when you can get an older one for pennies.
slashmaster

Post by slashmaster »

vintagefilm wrote:Actually this machine looks and functions in a similar way the the lipsnersmith rti excell1100. A machine coild be made to use any fluid you choose but will be more or less effective based on the details of speed fluid use etc.
Oh, so the hfe chemical just works faster?
Nicholas Kovats

Post by Nicholas Kovats »

The new Kodak cleaner machine utilizes HFE 7200 Film Cleaner Solution which I suspect is manufactured by 3M. I found this 3M pdf which states that HFE 7200 is the same as 3M HFE 8200, i.e. http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1228 ... eaning.pdf

Apparently the new 3Mâ„¢ Novecâ„¢ 8200 Engineered Fluid as used in the Lipsner Smith CF8200P Ultrasonic Film Cleaner "is a clear, colorless, low-odor fluid intended to replace 1,1,1-
trichloroethane and perchloroethylene in film cleaning applications."

https://www.rtico.com/lipsner/cf8200p.html
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1655 ... -fluid.pdf
vintagefilm wrote:Fuel injectors would work..you need a hi pressure pump..a regulator and a pulse generator to complete a system.
Nicholas Kovats
Shoot film! facebook.com/UltraPan8WidescreenFilm