Wittnerchrome 100D now in Standard 8mm

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Shanec8mm

Wittnerchrome 100D now in Standard 8mm

Post by Shanec8mm »

For those of us in the States, Dwaynes Photo is now selling Wittnerchrome 100D in Standard 8. The catalog now shows 2 stocks, the one I mentioned, and Wittnerchrome 200D for Super 8. Does anyone here know which stock Wittner would be using for the latest Standard 8 film? Afga possibly or maybe Velvia? And would the grain for 100 speed film be similar to Ektachrome 100D?
My Wife and I are headed to Inner Harbor in Baltimore tomorrow, and I am shooting my last roll of Ektachrome 100D in my Bolex K2. The results with this camera upon projecting are very nice. If the Wittnerchrome 100D is fine grained and similar to Ektachrome 100D then I will continue to shoot Standard 8. When Ektachrome 100 was discontinued for Super 8 I stopped using that format. Could it be that Standard 8 will be the go too format once again? Interesting thought.
Shanec8mm

Re: Wittnerchrome 100D now in Standard 8mm

Post by Shanec8mm »

This is reversal film just to clarify. Although I'm sure everyone has figured that out, ha.
BAC

Post by BAC »

On Wittner's web site they say the Double 8mm 100D is KODAK Ektachrome 100D. The super 8 is listed as "Agfa Aviphot Chrome 200 aerial film based on polyester Super 8 cassette".

http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/katal ... _filmm.php
Shanec8mm

Post by Shanec8mm »

OK, thank you very much. So I am assuming Wittner has a healthy supply of Ektachrome 100D for Standard 8? Wonder what happens after its used up?
kuparikettu

Post by kuparikettu »

Shanec8mm wrote:OK, thank you very much. So I am assuming Wittner has a healthy supply of Ektachrome 100D for Standard 8? Wonder what happens after its used up?
Maybe even before it Wittnerchrome 200D and hopefully next year -- new Ferrania film (http://filmferrania.it)! :)
MIKI-814

Post by MIKI-814 »

Unfortunately, I found 200D extremely grainy for the Regular 8 format, but...