Exposure compensation old Fujichrome R25/RT200

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

sven

Exposure compensation old Fujichrome R25/RT200

Post by sven »

I have some 20-30 years old Fujichrome RT200 and R25 single-8 sound films, I was plannig to overexpose 1-stop for every 10 years. I heard that Fujichrome doesn't need any compensation in exposure, so does old fujichrome single-8 film needs any exposure compensation? Thanks in advance.
richard p. t.

Re: Exposure compensation old Fujichrome R25/RT200

Post by richard p. t. »

IMHO there is no rule of thumb for such a situation. There is a very good chance that your film will come out completely clear with no image at all. On the other hand, you may get something between an extremely washed out image and a very washed out image. Being reversal film, I don't think you can meaningfully make any such exposure compensation.
I run Nano Lab - Australia's super8 ektachrome processing service
- visit nanolab.com.au
richard@nanolab.com.au
jpolzfuss

Re: Exposure compensation old Fujichrome R25/RT200

Post by jpolzfuss »

Hi,

I've shot several outdated silent carts when Fuji was still processing them. Mainly R25 to be processed at the end of the 1980s. I shot them without messing around with the exposure as I mainly wanted to test the cameras. The results have been fine (from the exposure-side). However they all look at little bit liked filmed with a greenish or blueish filter. Maybe you're lucky (e.g. when the films have been stored in a fridge). But I wouldn't expect "normal" colours any more.

Jörg
This space was left intenionally blank.