Reminder: Dec 30 Last Day for Kodachrome process

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

marc

Re: Reminder: Dec 30 Last Day for Kodachrome process

Post by marc »

I dropped my last roll off at Target tonight. I hope that it gets there in time!
Dr. Rima Laibow Warns Globalists Preparing New Bio Attack / Learn the Secret History of COVID
https://banned.video/watch?id=64405470faba4278d462a791
Still want to call me a Nutter?!!!!
robbie

Post by robbie »

Dwayne's currently has 30 rolls of my Kodachrome. so, guess with others they have work for the final day (s) of K14. A post on the last day of Kodachrome. Celebrating and will miss the stock.
aj

Post by aj »

Your films aren't the only ones...

From the Dwayne's site (29th dec 2010)
http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/index.html
NO RUSH ORDERS ACCEPTED

Due to the exceptional amounts of Kodachrome we are handling,
we will not accept any additional Rush orders until January 10th 2011.
Seems all a stupidty to stop when there are still 10.000's (if not 100.000's) of very well usuable films around. And the work gets paid while people enjoy shooting the material.
Kind regards,

André
nickrapak

Post by nickrapak »

My last two rolls of Regular 8mm Kodachrome (1x K40, 1x K25) were sent out today via Next Day Air. Hopefully they will show up tomorrow; if not, there's always B&W reversal.
Angus

Post by Angus »

If Dwayne's had not set a date, people would continue to sit on 10's of thousands of rolls of K14 material in various formats. The fact is that the last rolls are at least 6 months 'out of date' and it makes sense to cease processing either at the end of this year or early 2011.

Its a shame, like Tim I felt real pain at the loss of Kodachrome because it is/was a unique stock. Its look cannot be replicated and I enjoyed shooting it. I held out a small hope that maybe Kodak might licence some small company to continue producing small quantities of Kodachrome but in the end it really became a millstone around Kodak's neck rather than the cash cow it had been in the past.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
robbie

Post by robbie »

as of Dec. 30th 2010 at 2PM ..just found out my next day priority overnight guarantee before 10:30AM Fedex of 6 x100' 16mm k40 rolls still have not arrived in Parsons KS at Dwayne's. another sad blow in the demise of this missed stock.
nickrapak

Post by nickrapak »

Fedex's scanner at Parsons broke at about 3AM today. If your package seems stuck in Tulsa, it's probably safely in Dwayne's hands/
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

FYI - I just spoke to Dwayne's and they say they are at least two+ weeks behind on the final processing of Kodachrome so all of the news reports and other information saying they processed their last roll on Dec 30th 2010 are in fact not true. I sent two rolls of 16mm for processing via UPS overnight and of course UPS didn't do what they said they would and the film didn't actually arrive at Dwayne's until Monday Jan 3rd, 2011. I was told that my film is in the queue to be processed and that they accepted packages on Jan 3rd/4th (and maybe later, but couldn't get clarification) from USPS, UPS and FedEx as part of the final Kodachrome processing deadline. I was also told there are thousands of packages that have been accepted but still have not been opened at this point and that they will continue to process Kodachrome over the next several weeks until the backlog is completed.

I was worried my film would be turned away given the hard Dec 30th,2010 deadline but it appears this is not the case. Good news all around on this one...
Tom Houston
Virginia
WorkPrinter-XP to HD Conversion & Beaulieu Battery Re-Celling:
http://www.FilmMaker8.com
winbert

Post by winbert »

See... that what I exactly said that Dwayne would wait until third party labs send their final shipment, which is obviously above Dec 30th, 2010.

So good news to you all waiting for your last minutes films.

cheers,

winbert
aj

Post by aj »

and it demonstrates that stopping the service is a decision imposed by bookkeepers and business administrators.

There is no legal or environmental-permit reason or whatever was brought up.

My parcel per UPS saver-express was delivered in 36 hours two days after Christmas. Now see when it gets back :)
Kind regards,

André
woods01

Post by woods01 »

I got my last rolls last week. I mailed mine off to Kansas around December 7th. The 15+ year old film that I bought off Craigslist this summer looked terrific, shot some classic home movie stuff with my last rolls when we had a rare sunny break in December. I hope everyone gets back their film looking as good.
StoneBuilder

Post by StoneBuilder »

Thanks BigWorm for phoning them and putting us straight. It's a pity someone can't get a photo of that pile of thousands of orders that have been accepted and are waiting to be processed. And I thought they were being limited by stocks of the blue dye. Kodachrome blue ...
alpha.tango

Post by alpha.tango »

My rolls were received by Dwaynes on 23rd December and they emailed to confirm posted back yesterday, 10th January
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

You're welcome StoneBuilder!

I received an email today (email below) and it concerns me and is not at all what I was told on the phone. It's a response to an email message I sent on Jan 2nd asking if there would be any considerations made for packages being delivered late due to delivery issues. The response below indicates that they may run out of chemicals before being able to process the late arrivals. I really hope they finish up everyone who sent film in before they kill it for good...

-------------------------------------------------
Tom Houston,

Thank You for your question.
We are sorry for the delay in replying to your email. We are taking these situations into account. We will have to finish processing the orders that were actually received by the deadline first, then if we do still have chemicals available then we will process the late coming orders.

Please let me know if you require additional assistance.

Sincerely,

(Name removed to protect the innocent)

Dwayne's Photo
PO Box 274 / 415 S. 32nd St.
Parsons, KS 67357
800-522-3940
620-421-3940
--------------------------------------------------
Tom Houston
Virginia
WorkPrinter-XP to HD Conversion & Beaulieu Battery Re-Celling:
http://www.FilmMaker8.com
BK

Post by BK »

Sent my last 5 rolls on the 10th Dec, received them back today, looking forward to viewing them tonight on the big screen.

Bill