100D direct from Kodak

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

JCook

100D direct from Kodak

Post by JCook »

Anyone purchase a 10pk of 100D from Kodak yet? If so what was the landed cost?

I'm wondering what their current prices are like, It's been a couple years since I ordered a full pack of S8 film from them. I managed to empty my film fridge this summer now it's time to move on to a new emulsion.

Regards, John
mr8mm

Re: 100D direct from Kodak

Post by mr8mm »

The last I looked it was $14 for less than 200. 200 and more is $12.18. You pay shipping for items less than $1000. Shipping is UPS and usually is $14.00.

John S.
JCook

Post by JCook »

Thanks
Ektagraphic

Post by Ektagraphic »

I recommend buying directly from Kodak but I haven't yet bought more than a few rolls at once.
Pull that old movie camera out of the closet! I'm sure it's hungry for some film!
Will2

Post by Will2 »

I order through the 800 number all the time. It's not Amazon.com... they are a little slow going through the process and are awkward using credit cards because they're used to big accounts ordering thousands of dollars worth of film but they are very nice. I've been told you can create an account where they will bill you but there might be a minimum order.
mr8mm

Post by mr8mm »

If you are a student or affiliated with a film school, get a student account and get a 33% discount.

A general account requires $5000 a year in purchases. more or less.

John S.
woods01

Post by woods01 »

Or be a member of a film co-op and get a 20% discount.
Ektagraphic

Post by Ektagraphic »

mr8mm wrote:If you are a student or affiliated with a film school, get a student account and get a 33% discount.
I am a student but not a film student..I tried for a discount and it didn't work. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try again...
Pull that old movie camera out of the closet! I'm sure it's hungry for some film!
Ektagraphic

Post by Ektagraphic »

woods01 wrote:Or be a member of a film co-op and get a 20% discount.
What exactly do you mean by film co-op?
rlorenz2

Post by rlorenz2 »

I am a student but not a film student and they have given me the discount. They have questioned it once because my school did not appear in the list of schools Kodak has, but I told them they honored it before and they took my word for it.
My films

http://vimeo.com/user1869478
Konton

Post by Konton »

You need to be part of a registered film group or a student. You can't do both. I had to fax them my Film Arts Foundation membership back in the day.

Is it if to by over $200 shipping is free? I can't remember. It's been a while.
Justin Miller
woods01

Post by woods01 »

Ektagraphic wrote:
woods01 wrote:Or be a member of a film co-op and get a 20% discount.
What exactly do you mean by film co-op?
Its exactly how it sounds, a co-operative run by filmmakers. Every major city in Canada has one, I'm a member of Cineworks in Vancouver which is now in its 30th year. Seattle has Northwest Film Forum, I can't speak of what other cities/countries have beyond that but they're not uncommon in large cities.

You can rent gear, edit suites, maybe telecine, each one is different but the common theme is that their rental rates are cheap compared to commerical rates but their gear tends to be more beat because they are small non-profits. They usually have 16mm gear and digital facilities. Good place to meet people, take workshops, etc.