PTC 1. The next step.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

CHAS

Re: PTC 1. The next step.

Post by CHAS »

I'm planning a trip to the UK in two years. Perhaps I'll stop by and ask him for the carts -- SINCE I'M SURE HE'LL STILL HAVE THEM.
aj

Post by aj »

That is a bit sour reading:
http://onsuper8.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_archive.html
half way the page
The project is the brainchild of Filmshooting.com regular Morris Milne (Mojohey) who, when dreaming up the idea, said, "This is my remembrance to Kodachrome... let's see the best K40 colours (or colors) that the world has".
The coulors have faded dearly...
Kind regards,

André
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

OK I found an email address for Morris that didn't bounce back. I sent him a gentle email trying to persuade him to do the right thing and make us all happy by sending the carts to me in London (doesn't matter if it's me or Tim but it'll be cheaper to send to me). If he replies and I get the carts I will send them to Kent for transfer then return the films to him and post the footage for all to see/edit/whatever. He did buy them so the film itself is his, but the content is all of ours. So maybe if anyone who shot on the project would like, they can pm me for the email address and if we all make personal requests, (I suggest gentle persuasion rather than angry hate mail!) maybe we can turn this round.
Mark
etimh

Post by etimh »

Did mojohey buy all the carts? I honestly can't remember--I'd have to go through the first posts of the old thread to refresh my memory (drag). But why give the films back to him? He's kept us all waiting for so long I think it is our right to take possession of them.

Sorry Sparky, but I haven't seen you around for awhile so I'm a little skeptical of anybody talking about "taking charge" of this project. If he sends the stuff to you and you have any thoughts of disappearing again, please get the material to me--I'm not going anywhere.

Tim
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Hi Tim, I'm not talking about taking charge- just wanna see the results! As I say, if he sends the films to me they'll be straight off to Kent for transfer- same day. Kent did a very fast transfer of my first roll of 64T which I was then able to show here and cause a lot of debate! It's not the film itself that has value but what's on it, and he did buy all the carts so I have no problem giving them back to him once transferred. As soon as we have a transfer I'll send the DVDs in their raw form to anyone (from the project) who wants them, or maybe we could use yousendit, and then they can be edited/turned into a project after that- in the past the footage from these projects has disappeared for years too after transfer- it would be good to avoid that!
Mark
blanka

Post by blanka »

long time no post, hello fellas

i am keen to see the results aswell (i shot at the eden project in cornwall)
but i have a sinking feeling that he has either lost or bust em somehow or has decided that as he paid for the film, they are his.

he has not dropped off the planet as an active twitter feed and facebook show so there must be a reason for the stonewalling.

Perhaps suggesting a ups pickup from his to one of us might sit well with him.
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

CHAS, I think we should be able to see the result of PTC 1 when you become a grandpa... :|
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

blanka wrote:long time no post, hello fellas

but i have a sinking feeling that he has either lost or bust em somehow or has decided that as he paid for the film, they are his.

he has not dropped off the planet as an active twitter feed and facebook show so there must be a reason for the stonewalling.

I paid for all the films on PTC2 and they are now in United States which the other side of the earth (I'm in Hong Kong).. Look this is a project that needs everybody works together to complete, the film is just the media, the contents inside that worths all of us to work hard and spend our time for.
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
blanka

Post by blanka »

lastcoyote wrote:
blanka wrote:long time no post, hello fellas

I paid for all the films on PTC2 and they are now in United States which the other side of the earth (I'm in Hong Kong).. Look this is a project that needs everybody works together to complete, the film is just the media, the contents inside that worths all of us to work hard and spend our time for.
oh i agree with you 100% but some people think that if you paid for the stock you own the rights to the images on that film.
I recently ran in to this problem and by uk law unless directly agreed, the director or the cameraman own the copyright.
I offered to send the record company some blank stock to replace the stuff they had paid for but i had shot and then we were quits.

back on topic tho, there must be a reason he is not getting back and sorting it all out.
blanka

Post by blanka »

a little tweet got me this in reply

"@alunsmith in about 4 weeks time I will be able to send them off."

https://twitter.com/MorrisMilne
blanka

Post by blanka »

right then, he needs an adress, check the twitter feed
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Nice one Blanka! Why 4 weeks though....
As I say I'll happily take them and forward them immediately for transfer with Kent, or Morris could send them straight there! Whoever gets them (if they do get them..)it would be really good to turn this round quickly from then- no long editing process etc- lets just see the results and worry about editing later. It's been too long...
Mark
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

It would be interesting to see the footage from PTC1, the Kodachromes. THe cart I was on had to be done twice. Some cat named, Eric, I think it was, from was it, Massachusetts USA?, kept the first cart.

If Mojo Mahoney sends the film I'll be surprised, and pleasantly.

Oh, in the USA, its the camera owner who owns the rights generally speaking.
http://MusicRiverofLife.com
http://TabbyCrabb.com
aj

Post by aj »

blanka wrote:a little tweet got me this in reply

"@alunsmith in about 4 weeks time I will be able to send them off."

https://twitter.com/MorrisMilne
That should be 4 days. What is he going to add in 4 weeks except 4 weeks?

He already has the addresses he needs.

BTW
The copyright of images are property of the person who produced them. T Not the owner of the bearer (film) and not with the owner of a camera.
If the production was made while working as a paid labourer then the rights are with the employer.
Kind regards,

André
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

aj wrote:...BTW...The copyright of images are property of the person who produced them. T Not the owner of the bearer (film) and not with the owner of a camera.....
If this is true, be careful who you hand your camera to and ask to shoot a few pictures! :wink:
http://MusicRiverofLife.com
http://TabbyCrabb.com