Brantley's Hostboard

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

CHAS

Brantley's Hostboard

Post by CHAS »

Anyone know what the story is with it? Haven't been able to get on in days...
supa_ate_sixteen

Post by supa_ate_sixteen »

According to the message that was popping up over the weekend (but no longer) is that they are having some hardware issues on thier systems hard drives. They are upgrading to a faster drive setup and expect things to be back online sometime this week ( which of course is not for sure).
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

System overload

Post by S8 Booster »

All systems overload due to fast growing forums.

Waiting for new hardware and hopefully they won´t loose all the topics & postings this time.
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Hostboard "upate"

Post by S8 Booster »

Recent info at the HB:

FYI
5/7/02
Well, where do I start without competin with War & Peace???
I wont even get in to the replacing of the mother board and memory the week before...
On or about 5/2 the server started auto rebooting during times of heavy usage. On 5/3 I called Compaq for assistance to diagnose the problem. At 5am after 6 hours on the phone they determined it to be a scsi card issue. As I noted in a previous post they did not dispatch parts on Sat so I should expect the part on Tue. Ok, well can't do anything then but wait. Well found another intersting problem so called Compaq on Sat and again ont he phone till about 4am with a different resolution which actualy worked. Surprise card comes in Mon morning! Great shut down server replace card and >>nothing<< Card does not recognize the drives. Call Compaq spend entire morning on phone swaping this that and the other thing around. Finaly get the card to see the drives. Run some basic test as per Compaq's instructions. Reboot server to bring the system back online and >>nothing<<. Arghhh... Ok decide the new card is bad so they will ship me a new one which works since it will arrive Tue anyways. Put old card in so at least there is a static page and I can post updates. Well seems that the bad card now corupted some of the data on one of the arrays. Call Marcus (our Linux guy) Now here is is Tue morning, new card in hand and it works like a charm first time out. Get on IM with Marc to start recovering and wouldn't ya know it the server reboots. So again I call Compaq and the issue is escalated to their engineering department and I am stuck waiting until 5/8 10am. So in the mean time I resurected the old server so I can at least let you know what in the world is going on.
There is nothing I can say other then my sincere appologies for the continual ups and downs the last 2 months. So there you have it the short, short story. I have done my absolute best although not visable from your end. I am stuborn though and will get Hostboard back online. We will finish the conversion and freeze all produciton as to run a stable and relaiable system.
...Steven
Hostboard is growing... So fast, that we need to work on our hardware & software sometimes. This will only take a few minutes and Hostboard will be back online as soon as we are done. In the mean time, please help support us by visiting our advertisors.