Sample Release Forms

This is a forum about filmmaking. No tech discussions here!
astro_tiki

Sample Release Forms

Post by astro_tiki »

I need to come up w/ some release form for still photographs and home movies for use in a documentary film. Does anyone know where I might find sample release forms or templates online? My fear is I’ll have to consult an entertainment lawyer which could mean $$$. I don't know if I'll be able to find something adaptable that would cover all contingencies.
Actor

Re: Sample Release Forms

Post by Actor »

This is one I wrote myself using a template from a book. I'm not a lawyer.
This CONTRACT is made and entered effective 1 August 2009 by and between Stanley Q. Brick (“Producer”) located at 123 Movie Avenue, Hollywood, Kentucky and Clark Kent (“Actor”) located at Rural Route 1, Smallville, Kansas.

SERVICES TO BE RENDERED BY ACTOR: Actor agrees to play the part of Superman in a motion picture tentatively titled From Another Planet (“the Motion Picture”) to be made by Producer.

COMPENSATION: In return for his services Actor will receive the sum of $1.00 for each day or part of a day that he works on the motion picture. Actor shall receive one VHS copy of the Motion Picture upon its completion.

PROFIT SHARING: Actor shall receive 2% of Producer’s net profit from the Motion Picture. Amounts paid to or due Actor under COMPENSATION above, together with similar amounts paid to or due other performers or crew, shall be legitimate expenses in the computing of such net profit.

FIRST MONIES received by Producer from the exhibition and exploitation of the Motion Picture shall be applied as follows: First, to the liquidation of any debt assumed by Producer in connection with the production, exhibition and exploitation of the Motion Picture. Second, to the repayment to investors, if any, of the entire amounts of their contributions actually expended for the production, exhibition and exploitation of the Motion Picture. Third, to the repayment to Producer of the entire amount of his contributions actually expended for the production, exhibition and exploitation of the Motion Picture. Last, to PROFIT SHARING

TERM OF CONTRACT: If principle photography of the Motion Picture has not been completed within one year of the effective date of this contract then Actor’s obligation to Producer will be deemed to have been discharged and Actor will be entitled to keep all monies, if any, paid to him by Producer up to that time. This provision will not reduce any amounts due actor under COMPENSATION or PROFIT SHARING.

RIGHTS: Actor’s services are a work for hire. Producer shall have the unlimited right throughout the universe and in perpetuity to exhibit the Motion Picture in all media, now or hereafter known, and Producer shall own all rights in the results and proceeds of Actor’s services hereunder, including motion pictures, still pictures, video and voice recordings made in connection with the Motion Picture.

DOUBLES: Producer may use other performers to dub Actor’s voice on the sound track. Producer may use stand-ins and body doubles for Actor’s likeness in the Motion Picture. Nude doubles will not be used.

CREDITS: Actor shall receive a credit in the titles of the Motion Picture under the name of Kal-El.

NO GUARANTEE OF COMPLETION: Producer makes no guarantee that the Motion Picture will ever be completed nor that any photographic or video images of actor or recordings of actor’s voice will be used in the final cut of the Motion Picture.
If you show this to a lawyer he'll find something wrong with it just to justify his fee.