Super 8 Widescreen?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Dooglestar

Super 8 Widescreen?

Post by Dooglestar »

Hi,

Does anyone know a place in Europe (preferably Spain) that does gate widening and subsequent telecine of full frame super 8?

Cheers
Uppsala BildTeknik

Re: Super 8 Widescreen?

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

Well I am not located in Spain, but I do offer telecine and I can transfer 8mm film shot with a widened gate. Chack my signature for the webadress.
Scott Super

Post by Scott Super »

Dont know of anywhere in Spain that can do that, But Pro8mm in California has what they call MAx8 where they widen the gate and have a special gate for their telecine machines to scan the film fully. They also can scan in both SD and HD formats, so with widescreen the HD scans make a lot of sense. Check them out at www.pro8mm.com. I know they do these services around the world, so shipping to and from Spain is not a big deal.
Blue Audio Visual

Post by Blue Audio Visual »

Scott Super wrote:I know they do these services around the world, so shipping to and from Spain is not a big deal.
Funny that isn't it?

Because in your first ever post on this forum you said:
Scott Super wrote:Hi Hardy, I work for a small format company that specializes in Super8 film, called Pro8mm.
So it doesn't seem very surprising that since you work for the company you know what they do.

Why not just be upfront rather than pretending to be a bona fide customer? Doesn''t inspire much confidence in the moral ethos at Pro8mm really.

A surefire way to lose custom.
Uppsala BildTeknik

I just can´t believe Pro8mm still tried to act "like a customer" when they are talking about their own company. It is just so low and such bad manners...

Why does it seem impossible for Pro8mm to be honest? :roll:

Not only is Pro8mm spamming this forum with fake-client postings, they do so on cinematography.com also. Unreal... :roll:
Will2

Post by Will2 »

Its called Social Network Marketing. Lots of books on it. All the cool companies are doing it now. :wink:
Scotness

Post by Scotness »

Yes - you should just be up front - no one will hate you because you're from Pro8mm - they may enjoy asking you specific Pro8 related questions - much the way everyone did with the late and very dignified John Pytlak from Kodak -- but there's a difference between that and "seeding" threads for potential Pro8 business.

The social networking side works, but not if it's not transparent - otherwise people seem somehow deceived.

Anyway now you're "flushed out" as it were welcome to the board - I'm sure there's alot of questions about Pro8 people will like to ask you.

All the best

Scot
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K
Uppsala BildTeknik

Scotness wrote:Anyway now you're "flushed out" as it were...
Oh, he has been "flushed out" in one of the earlier threads where he talked about his company as "They are the leaders in archiving small format..."

Check this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20330&p=188265#p188265

It is pretty darn sleazy. :?
Mitch Perkins

Post by Mitch Perkins »

Dooglestar wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know a place in Europe (preferably Spain) that does gate widening and subsequent telecine of full frame super 8?

Cheers
What camera do you have? The only problematic cameras, ones I wouldn't recommend just anyone removing the gate from, are Nizos. I'll bet you have a Nizo....heh.

If not, why not just remove the two screws holding the gate in place and file it out?
I will hold your hand right here, and anyone else interested can read along.....

Mitch
Blue Audio Visual

Post by Blue Audio Visual »

Mitch, look up to the top of the thread.

OP posted in May, Kent answered him 1/2 an hour later.

It is only "Scott Super" who feels it necessary to resurrect and ancient thread just to sing the praises of Pro8mm.
Mitch Perkins

Post by Mitch Perkins »

Blue Audio Visual wrote:Mitch, look up to the top of the thread.
Uh-huh, yep, okay....
Blue Audio Visual wrote:OP posted in May, Kent answered him 1/2 an hour later.
D'oh!
Blue Audio Visual wrote:It is only "Scott Super" who feels it necessary to resurrect and ancient thread just to sing the praises of Pro8mm.
Thanks for the heads-up!

Mitch