Best density achieved with shooting Vision2 200 negative?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Mitch Perkins

Re: Best density achieved with shooting Vision2 200 negative?

Post by Mitch Perkins »

Uppsala BildTeknik wrote:A wedding is a once in a lifetime thing (hopefully).
Heh.
Uppsala BildTeknik wrote: Arriving too late, not having as much light as I was expecting, shooting with 9 fps (gives very ugly movements, in my opinion), forgetting to change ASA settings... I´d say that would be enough to call it a nightmare if I was the cameraman.
Ah, I thought you meant a nightmare for the one doing the subsequent telecine....

A whole lot of the wedding stuff I shoot is at 9 or less fps - though the resulting footage is comically sped up (I wouldn't personally call it ugly) when xferred at 20fps, Job One is to get lots of light on the film, so.....whaddya gonna do, eh? You can always slow it down again....

freedom4kids wrote:Mitch. I think you are a Vimeo contact already.
I'm not, but am hoping to be seeing this footage anyway; we have had some success with your other stuff - there is a video effect called "Cineon Converter" in Premiere Pro which softens the grain nicely while allowing for black-crushing etc. without artifacting all over the image.....looking forward to showing you the results.....

Mitch