One of my shorts

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

BigBeaner

One of my shorts

Post by BigBeaner »

I finally got working on Sorenson Squeeze and made an acceptable version of this 16mm short I shot in October 2006. So yes, its almost 2 years old but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOiVWfw5zjU

Shot on the K3 with various 35mm lenses. I'm still proud of it. Should have a trailer of my Super 16 short up soon.
paul

Re: One of my shorts

Post by paul »

Nice little Film!

Good editing, composition was very good. And the sound design was too. I enjoyed watching it. I was particularly fond of the shot with the mini carousel. It was great.

I did have some difficulty with the fact that the man of outer space had quite a human face. I didn't fit in. the first shots were wonderful as well.

Good film!

Paul
BigBeaner

Post by BigBeaner »

Thanks! Ya I really like the way this came out. The carousel scene is actually my desktop wall paper I like it so much.

I agree with the whole alien looking human. Some reason at the time, I wanted to be ambiguous whether this was actually an alien or a human with amnesia thinking he's in a strange world. None of this was conveyed in the end!
Superbus_

Post by Superbus_ »

In general I like sci fi movies and this was a really good short sci fi story and the sound was also good, a little experimental and alien.
During my childhood, Space 1999 was my favourite series and the visual expression of your short reminds me to this Alpha Base stories... Thanks! :)
"Cuando despertó, el dinosaurio todavía estaba allí."
("When he awoke, the dinosaur was still there.")

Augusto Monterroso, El Dinosaurio
downix

Post by downix »

Thuroughly enjoyed it. Which stock did you use?
BigBeaner

Post by BigBeaner »

Thanks again, really, I worked hard on it and I am so glad others can appreciate it.
Which stock did you use?
For black and white I prefer Plus-X Reversal. At the time I was still learning and lots of my exposure mistakes would easily be taken cared of in telecine or in the workprint when using negative.