Krasnogorsk 1 anybody use it?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Superbus_

Krasnogorsk 1 anybody use it?

Post by Superbus_ »

Recently i bought a Krasnogorsk 1 16mm camera. Ok. I know It's not a bolex. :)
This is the earlieast version of the later K-3 model. This one can use reloadble casettes but my firts experience is that after the film-loading I can hardly close the casettes - without closing it and putting it into the camera, the machine works with no problem, like the K-3 system. Maybe that is the reason why the constructors made the decision to leave the cassettes in the later versions... I don't know.
Is there anybody who have ever used this camera?
"Cuando despertó, el dinosaurio todavía estaba allí."
("When he awoke, the dinosaur was still there.")

Augusto Monterroso, El Dinosaurio
sk360

Re: Krasnogorsk 1 anybody use it?

Post by sk360 »

Even if you can close it, I would make sure to put some gaffers tape around the edges of the camera door. I've used K-3's before and they all failed on me, but I do like their little Quarz 1x8S2.
alex-rus

Post by alex-rus »

Hello

I know this camera very well,

Lens mount on Krasnogorsk 1 is M42 bayonet, this camera was sold with Vega-7 / Vega-9 and Mir-11 prime lenses.
New version of K-1 is Krasnogorsk 2. It was sold with one Meteor (17-69) zoom lens.
Those reloadable cassettes - the good feature of this camera, but a construction is rather imperfect for many reasons.

Krasnogorsk 1/2 have old white design, and Krasnogorsk 3 is constructed in advanced black style.

Today these cameras is difficult to buy, therefore I would prefer K-3
________
Alexander,
filmmaker from Russia
Superbus_

Post by Superbus_ »

Thanks for the answers!

I also like to use the Quarz 1x8S2 I have two of these cameras, great mechanical machines.

Alex, my idea is just simply load the cartridge in dark but not close it and then put it into the camera. In this way the operating of the system is smooth. On the other hand I can not use the advantage of the cartridges: to change the cartridges in light but I'm more secure my camera works. i have never shoot a 16mm film, so this is interesting for me! To tell you the truth i bought my krasnogorsk 1, the all kit for about 23 $, so it was a bargain.

There is a site, maybe it is well known for a lot of people here but who knows:

http://www.geocities.com/russiancamera/ ... orsk-1.htm
"Cuando despertó, el dinosaurio todavía estaba allí."
("When he awoke, the dinosaur was still there.")

Augusto Monterroso, El Dinosaurio