Pass the cart- where are the carts?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

CHAS

Post by CHAS »

Rick Palidwor wrote:I agree with AJ. Keep the communications in a friendly mode. No one knows exactly what he has been through and he donated the film in the first place.

And I speak as someone who shot 10 feet in PTC and am dying to see it.

Just don't see any point in being anything but polite about it.

RIck
Dude -- it's been what, a year or so since he had the carts? We're not talking about a few days or weeks. The whole project has been hijacked by one selfish individual. If he has time to post on his blog or whatever, he can post here and clarify what the problem is, if any. Or he can simply mail the carts out --without comment-- to someone who has a workprinter and the capability/motivation to get it processed. Regardless of his problems, not communicating (just like the dude in Pennsylvania who caused the original PTC project to end) is complete stupidity.
ronnoco

Post by ronnoco »

It does seem a shame and somewhat perplexing that someone so keen on the project in the first instance would (for the sake a few postage stamps) scupper the whole thing.
I was looking back over the 'project' posts and someone posted his address...if you like I could perhaps get the blokes phone number (provided he isn't ex-directory) and give him a friendly call....but I gotta say Chas if you want his ass kicked your gonna have to do it yourself buddy :D

If there is a chance of contacting this guy in an effort to rescue a lot of peoples creative efforts I reckon keeping things as sweet as possible is the only way to approach things...

As I say I dont live too far from him and I would like to help resolve this disappointing situation if I can.
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

Just winding you up a bit, mate, no ass-kicking needed. Maybe you can just show up at his doorstep and explain what a selfish bloke he is and you'll take the carts off of him.

ronnoco wrote:It does seem a shame and somewhat perplexing that someone so keen on the project in the first instance would (for the sake a few postage stamps) scupper the whole thing.
I was looking back over the 'project' posts and someone posted his address...if you like I could perhaps get the blokes phone number (provided he isn't ex-directory) and give him a friendly call....but I gotta say Chas if you want his ass kicked your gonna have to do it yourself buddy :D

If there is a chance of contacting this guy in an effort to rescue a lot of peoples creative efforts I reckon keeping things as sweet as possible is the only way to approach things...

As I say I dont live too far from him and I would like to help resolve this disappointing situation if I can.
etimh

Post by etimh »

I agree with everyone about being as cool as possible with this guy, just so we can get the stuff back.

EDIT: I'm in a better mood now that contact has been restored. :P

Tim
Last edited by etimh on Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronnoco

Post by ronnoco »

Righty Oh then I will do my best to make contact with him either by phone or perhaps a very friendly knock on his front door...I'll see what I can do but obviously can't promise owt :)
reflex

Post by reflex »

ronnoco wrote:Righty Oh then I will do my best to make contact with him either by phone or perhaps a very friendly knock on his front door...I'll see what I can do but obviously can't promise owt :)
I suspect a friendly phone call will work wonders. After all, there's little reason not to hand over the carts.
www.retrothing.com
Vintage Gadgets & Technology
Angus

Post by Angus »

A phone call is the next step. I wrote to him (January I think) and was very polite...I was mindful that at that time we had no idea what state of health he might be in. I urged him simply to let us all know what the situation was and wished him well.

If there's a chance of getting the original carts back maybe I should film something else 2nd time around instead of recreating my shots of two years ago? I'm off to Barcelona in under 2 weeks...not exactly my local town but very spectacular.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Perhaps some of his time has been spent recovering from his kidney removal, and some of the time spent on his honeymoon with his new wife, and the remainder of the time spent transferring and editing our films. Still, I'm puzzled why there's been no communication from him explaining any of this.
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

Anyway... I'm glad that Mojohey is still alive and having a good married life and body recover. Even he really pissed many of us.

He does pissed us pretty bad but it doesn't mean I want him to die. I just hope one day.. one day he would come out and let us see the PTC footages...

Damn those are the footages shot by famous K40!!! and myself and my wife took day off to do it. And I put in the processing fee to the envelope too.... DAMN!!!!!!!!
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
etimh

Post by etimh »

lastcoyote wrote:Damn those are the footages shot by famous K40!!!
Yep. It was a cool project. Everyone asks me about when I wear my PTC t-shirt. Shame.

Tim
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

etimh wrote:....Yep. It was a cool project. Everyone asks me about when I wear my PTC t-shirt. Shame.

Tim
Yes, I think we shot our part twice to no good result if I recall but thats water through the pipe. One thing Ive learned and finally gotten through my fat head is that you cant go back in time, only forward.

Thank you for buying more than one of those PTC t-shirts too. I think I ended up with about a half dozen but they've filtered out of here over time. I kept two and gave the last one to the guy who is rebuilding the engine in my boat and is going to play the part of "Capt. Tom" in a short film Im producing. I plan to do a sequence as a play on the Niger River shots in Sahara (the new) but before the shooting started.

My PTC II script is 30 sec about a musician who goes to the "Crossroads" looking for some talent and finds more than he was looking for. Im hoping I can pull it off in 30 sec.

Superbus_

Post by Superbus_ »

Hi everybody,

Morris answered me two days ago and briefly:
He is fine, married and very sorry about the project but had a lot of other things to do (lot of work, marriage etc.)
He informed me that printed off the process form, from Dwaynes to develop the last 2 carts.
He is hoping to send the other 2 carts this weekend and when he get them back will be looking for someone to help with a transfer...
The project will get its day soon.

I answered him that we can understand, and here he can find help for the final steps (transeferring etc) of the project. I also invited him to take part in the 2. round of "pass the cart" project.

I think we can understand him, nobody is perfect and i hope everything gonna be alright. :)
"Cuando despertó, el dinosaurio todavía estaba allí."
("When he awoke, the dinosaur was still there.")

Augusto Monterroso, El Dinosaurio
Angus

Post by Angus »

I know sometimes it takes me months to do little things, my wife's boss handed me a reg 8mm film + soundtrack on cassette to telecine about two years ago and I still haven't synced the sound....

OK since PTC1 may not be dead I have decided not to recreate my original shots...I'll shoot something else instead. Mattias knows what a challange shooting Luton is because he's visited this town...
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

Superbus_ wrote:Hi everybody,

I answered him that we can understand, and here he can find help for the final steps (transeferring etc) of the project. I also invited him to take part in the 2. round of "pass the cart" project.
Thanks, Superbus for doing what no one else was able to accomplish. I think several of us PM'd (I know I did) or e-mailed him in the past to no avail. I can understand being busy but there is no excuse for letting this go for a year or however long it has been.

Do we really want someone like that to be involved in another PTC project? There are limits to our patience... at least to mine...It would be nice to get one of these PTC projects completed before the decade is up.
beaunizo

Post by beaunizo »

Being an outsider but aren't matters best helped if the whole package is sent to OP (jusetan). That is about the same effort as sending the films to dwayne's Jusetan can have the films processed much easier being in North-America and possibly can have the lot transferred easier too.

That seems a much better situation than hoping for a day from somebody who is overloaded with a busy life.

Then the DVD can put on sale by end of april :)
Now selling in classifieds:
New-old-stock classic ciné projector bulbs
CIR Catozzo Splicers and tape S8
Beaulieu Nizo accessoiries/parts
Daylight 8/8 CINÉ processing tank Superior bulk film