"2-Stop Push", a test 16mm roll turned short

This is a forum about filmmaking. No tech discussions here!
EJones216

"2-Stop Push", a test 16mm roll turned short

Post by EJones216 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IXR8Dryw7c

Technically this is my third roll of 16mm film (and film in general) that I've ever shot, but the first one I didn't technically screw up. It has no sound save the hiss that the telecine's sound head captured (I loved it so much that I kept it in), and is loaded with eccentricity. Enjoy!
brokenflashlight

Post by brokenflashlight »

looks pretty good. i'd suggest trying out 8mm. you could definitely get just as good as a result as what you have there (and at a fraction of the cost).
There can be no thought of finishing, for "aiming at the stars" both literally and figuratively is a problem to occupy generations, so that no matter how much progress one makes there is always the thrill of just beginning.

-Dr. Robert Goddard
EJones216

Post by EJones216 »

Some day I might try 8mm when I can get a 24fps camera; for now, though, since my college is offering 16mm class and I have at least four more 100' rolls to get through, I'm currently doing fine with 16mm.

(the other benefit that I have currently is that the school provides a variety of cameras and free (albeit crappy) telecine)
James E
Location: Houston, TX. Portland, OR. Playa Del Carmen, Quitana Roo, MX. ELgin, TX

Post by James E »

Not bad at all. There are plenty of 24 fps super8 cams out there. I have a Canon 518 SV which is very popular amongs film students for it's balance of affordabilyt and functionality. I converted it to super duper 8. I'm about to process my first few carts w/ the conversion.
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.