John Pytlak Health Update

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Bolex Collector

Post by Bolex Collector »

Mr Pytlak,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay positive and watch comedy movies. I don't know if laughter is really the "best medicine", but it certainly helps.

Best wishes,

Michael
Mitch Perkins

Post by Mitch Perkins »

Get well soon, John.

Mitch
avortex

Post by avortex »

Keep fighting, John! We want you to be here the next 200 years.
Marc
super8man

Post by super8man »

Best wishes to you and your family John. Stay strong and I do hope it helps that a bunch of us small format folks are pulling for you. But family matters most. Now stop reading this post and get back to enjoying your time with the loved ones in your household.

Here's to your health (as I raise my rummed coffee),

Cheers,
Mike
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
Taqi

Post by Taqi »

Ride on, John.

Nick.
what what
dgs8film

Post by dgs8film »

I wish you all the best. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery!
Dennis
keagan

Post by keagan »

The best of luck with your treatment, sir. Will be hoping for a complete recovery!

Keagan
arnaud

Post by arnaud »

Dear Mr Pytlak,

I wish you all the best from Paris and hope that you will recover as quickly as possible.

/ arnaud.
tbruegg

Post by tbruegg »

My best wishes to you. Hope you get well soon!

Thomas
drsanchez

Post by drsanchez »

Bolex Collector wrote:Mr Pytlak,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay positive and watch comedy movies. I don't know if laughter is really the "best medicine", but it certainly helps.

Best wishes,

Michael
Ditto that. Clear out your netflix queue and pack it with comedies. No medical benifits, per se, but it can make recovery a little more bearable. I suggest 'A Shot in the Dark.' Maybe 'Mr. Hulot's Holiday.' And AFI's list (http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/laughs.aspx) is a good start. But you already knew that.
dr.sanchez, son of a midwestern bureaucrat
John_Pytlak

Post by John_Pytlak »

drsanchez wrote:
Bolex Collector wrote:Mr Pytlak,

Best wishes,

Michael
Ditto that. Clear out your netflix queue and pack it with comedies. No medical benifits, per se, but it can make recovery a little more bearable. I suggest 'A Shot in the Dark.' Maybe 'Mr. Hulot's Holiday.' And AFI's list (http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/laughs.aspx) is a good start. But you already knew that.
Certainly, great movies help cheer me. Just watched "Singing in the Rain" again yesterday. Lots of choices on digital cable TV, and I literally have thousands of films in my collection. With a bit of luck, I will get to see them ALL again. :wink:
John Pytlak
EI Customer Technical Services
Research Lab, Building 69
Eastman Kodak Company
Rochester, NY 14650-1922 USA
Janne

Post by Janne »

Superbus_ wrote:One of my colleauge had cancer ( I don't know the type of it) but after the succesful chemotherapy treatment she is 100% healthy. She was emotionally very strong, so I think this is a key factor to regain your health.
In a place I worked for a short period years ago, a colleauge had cancer. She had to go to chemotherapy every few years. It's been ten years like this. I guess the cancer is still there but never seem to take over. So, it is possible to live with a couple of tumors if doctors can keep them in control. Of course, we hope that John can get rid of them all.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hello,

yes, good luck!... sometimes things looks worst than what they are, let's hope you will be with good health soon.

Regards,
Daniel
steve hyde

Post by steve hyde »

John,

Your courage and kindness is an inspiration. You can fight this..

Steve
Mikael

Post by Mikael »

Hallo John!

A close friend of mine had cancer in one shoulder, but she defeated it thru surgery, chemo, pure will power and her faith in God.

Often we underestimate the power of attitude. We says things like "oh it´s never gonna work" and often we get it..! The key to success is maintaining a good attitude. There is the expression "Believe in yourself, and the world believes in you."

We should always tell ourselves "This IS going to work!" until the point we actually start BELIEVING it! THAT´s when things happen! It´s simple: What we wish for - we get, because we have decided in advance (consciously or not) that we will get it..!

The body is truly a remarkable machine, and I believe the mind can control the manner in which the body fights against even cancer!
The brain controls every subconscious function, why should it not be able to boost the immune system ?

I truly believe you CAN beat your cancer. You need to decide that you ARE going to defeat it! There are so many fun things you got left to experience on this Earth! Focus on those things! Soon you will be able to do them!

We will all be here supporting you and cheering you on.

John, we love you and we need you. You are important to us!

You are our voice at Kodak and also a friend, a fellow filmmaker and a brother.

If it´s ok with you, I will pray to our heavenly father that he´ll reach out his hands and pull you thru this.

God bless you,
Mikael