7201 anyone ?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Mikael

7201 anyone ?

Post by Mikael »

I just want to know if anyone has got there hands on a roll of this ultimate negative stock.

I can´t wait to see how it looks. Format doesn´t matter, but I reckon S8S has it in S8 soon...
cubdukat

Post by cubdukat »

They already have. It's Pro8/01.

I'm getting ready to do a side-by-side between the old EXR '45 it replaced and the new stuff. 45 was already an excellent film in its right, so the new stock can only be better.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hello,

I have been using it on various formats from super-8 (Pro8/01) to 35mm.
The stock is really great. It resolves very well fine details, it have a wide latitude and a very good color balance. It is nice to see the improvement over 1989's EXR 50D.

Bye bye,
Daniel
cubdukat

Post by cubdukat »

So 8/01's better than the old EXR stock?

How's the color rendition on the new stuff? I read that the cinematographer for "The Greatest Game in the World" (?) shot a lot of the EXR 50D because he was trying to get the "Kodachrome look."

If 8/01 can do that and improve on the grain and detail, then I for one am going to be "stocking" up on a lot of this stock.

Okay, sorry, bad joke...
mattias

Post by mattias »

the exr already has great grain structure and detail. he was talking about contrast and color. the improvements make the new stock look much less like kodachrome.

/matt