Fairchild 900 8mm Sound Camera

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

CToTheH

Fairchild 900 8mm Sound Camera

Post by CToTheH »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

this camera seems like it would be an awsome prop and if it works maybe a cool look.

does anybody know anything about thisthing?? Loading an 8mm movie mag would probably be a super pain in the you know what.

-Chris
studiocarter

Post by studiocarter »

It may work with normal Regular8mm film so it would be worth it just to use with silent film. I wonder how much the mag holds??
Pittsburgh PA USA
regular8mm
16mmfilmmaking
CToTheH

Post by CToTheH »

The real question is if the camera is worth the 30 dollars plus the 20 dollar shipping.
David M. Leugers

Post by David M. Leugers »

Wow, a Fairchild 900 in the actual flesh... very rare I would say. First one I have ever seen. I would doubt that it is in working condition, but it might. Every Fairchild R-8mm sound camera I have come across have died a horrible death due to corrosion from the internal rechargeable battery that was a very bad idea. Few if any people replaced or at least removed the battery once it died. I suspect most thought the camera was just inop and never bothered anymore, especially since S-8mm was the new kid on the block. If 200ft or 400ft loads of R-8mm film was available it would be worth the gamble, but I don't need another display piece.

David M. Leugers
thebrowniecameraguy

Post by thebrowniecameraguy »

I have 2. I took the cover control side cover off both and looked at the batteries, I tried to recharge them using a 12vdc power source.

1 was truly dead and the other works with the 12vdc source connected to it.

So, I am limited to only as many extension cords as possible but its a great camera.

Jordan
I'm back, I'm back- thebrowniecameraguy is back! I still have my Brownie 8mm Turret f/1.9! Time to play!