814xls, macro setting

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

CToTheH

814xls, macro setting

Post by CToTheH »

Hi, I have an 814xls and I've yet to use the macro setting. I notice that it is a button on the lens. What I don't notice is how it exactly works. Do you hold the button down, press it once? How is thi function used on this particular camera?

-Chris
super8man

Post by super8man »

The button allows you to zoom into the yellow band area - as you rotate out of the yellow strip, the button will POP and prevent you from going into the macro zone until you push it in again.

I believe you leave the focus on infinity for best results while in the macro range.
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

for ref, you can download a manual for your cam from this site:
http://www.apecity.com/manuals/
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
CToTheH

Post by CToTheH »

thank you.
CToTheH

Post by CToTheH »

thank you, but the manual is in german.

I wish I could speak german...maybe I should take lessons?
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

ok - i think i have the english stored in my computer and if so i will make it downloadable for you.
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

Turn the zoom all the way counter clockwise. push and hold the yellow button while turning zoom ring counter cw. Now your in the macro focus range. look at an object maybe 3ft away and use the zoom ring to focus. keep in mind, if you turn too far right, the yellow button will pop back up and your out of macro... all the way left in macro setting, the ring will lock.
100D and Vision 3 please
freddiesykes

Post by freddiesykes »