SMALL FORMAT has NOT Arrived.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

carlweston

Post by carlweston »

sooper8fan wrote:Hey carlweston, I was just looking at your grafitti page. any idea when you'll have a trailer up? Also, what part of it were you involved with (shooting/editing/etc.). I'm sure you've seen Wild Style....or was it Style Wars....crap, now I'm mixed up. I've seen them both, but isn't one of them about breaking? Geez, maybe I should just send you a PM. Check your box later this evening.
some of my older trailers are here: http://www.graffitivideos.com/grafcore2000trailer.htm

(shooting/editing/etc.)I do it all...and style wars..henry chalfant one of the producers is a very good friend..charlie Ahern the directer of wild style is also a friend ..I talked to him at ResFes this year in nyc..

send me a email
carlweston@gmail.com
Check the DVD's I'm selling at http://www.graffitivideos.com/grafcore2000trailer.htm
Tools
DVX100A, TRV8, TRV315, DCR-HC20, Nizo S80, Beaulieu 4008MZ, Beaulieu 4008MZII, Bauer C107XL, EUMIG 65 XL
I Hope I'm Not Turning Into a Camera Collector.
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

For myself. I don't mind paying $5 per issue just to get it early if it can be arrive much faster. As everybody said the mag is worth to wait. If it was so good I think it's worth to pay more for myself. But I'm so sick about waiting like being ignored.

When most of the other read the mag cover to cover twice; I'm still watching the empty mail box.

If everybody paying the same price; why do we accept different treatment?

Juergen keeps on telling us not to judge the mag by the length of the shippment but the presentation; I would say the length of waiting is also part of the package. I cannot possiblly imagine a magazine delievery can take that long??? Some one delievery by foot?

If money can buy time, that would be too good to be true!

I just get down on my knees and pray to God that the other magazine will arrive much faster. And pray to God that SmallFormat will arrive my mail box before I die.

by the way Carl. I like those clips in your website!~! :D
carlweston

Post by carlweston »

lastcoyote wrote:For myself. I don't mind paying $5 per issue just to get it early if it can be arrive much faster. As everybody said the mag is worth to wait. If it was so good I think it's worth to pay more for myself. But I'm so sick about waiting like being ignored.

When most of the other read the mag cover to cover twice; I'm still watching the empty mail box.

Juergen keeps on telling us not to judge the mag by the length of the shippment but the presentation; I would say the length of waiting is also part of the package. I cannot possiblly imagine a magazine delievery can take that long??? Some one delievery by foot?

If money can buy time, that would be too good to be true!

I just get down on my knees and pray to God that the other magazine will arrive much faster. And pray to God that SmallFormat will arrive my mail box before I die.

by the way Carl. I like those clips in your website!
I was just thinking about this today...Juergen should have had a shipping option for faster delivery. I'm glad you saw my trailers. :lol:
Check the DVD's I'm selling at http://www.graffitivideos.com/grafcore2000trailer.htm
Tools
DVX100A, TRV8, TRV315, DCR-HC20, Nizo S80, Beaulieu 4008MZ, Beaulieu 4008MZII, Bauer C107XL, EUMIG 65 XL
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

carlweston wrote:I was just thinking about this today...Juergen should have had a shipping option for faster delivery. I'm glad you saw my trailers. :lol:
I've said it so many times, is just that no-one seems to care about my suggestion. See even if we buy something from auction or internet. We can have an option for different delivery way.

By the way... "Chill out" on what the pussy said. I'm with you man!
carlweston

Post by carlweston »

Juergen I’m still going to support your magazine despite the long wait. But I’m only going to buy it from a distributor in the U.S.A or through you IF you add more shipping options...
Tools
reflex

Post by reflex »

lastcoyote wrote:I cannot possiblly imagine a magazine delievery can take that long??? Some one delievery by foot?
By boat, actually. It takes 4 - 6 weeks for surface mail to travel from Europe to North America. I just cut this out from the USPS web site:

Economy (Surface) Letter Post (Rate for pieces 16 ounces or less) 4 - 6 Weeks $3.80.

For about $5 more, delivery time drops to an estimated 4-7 days shipping time by air.
We're not getting different treatment. Our issues were sent out at the same time as those heading to Europe. They probably cost significantly more to mail, actually. It isn't the publisher's fault that it takes over a month to send things affordably by mail to North America -- that's a fight you should take up with USPS or Canada Post. :)
www.retrothing.com
Vintage Gadgets & Technology
Alex

Post by Alex »

Sending the magazines all to one place in The U.S. by a faster postal method and then reshipping them priority flate rate would clearly save at least 3 weeks, maybe more, and probably cost less than the current method.

Shipping expenses from 3 to 25 magazines anywhere in the United States is the same price, $7.70 (plus 45 cents for delivery confirmation).

Ideally, the magazines would come to one location in the U.S., then that location could reship them to select camera stores in packs of 10. The final result is discounted shipping costs because they came to the U.S. in bulk yet a faster method, then U.S. shipping costs are approximately 85 cents per magazine when the magazines are sent to select cities in packs of 10, then you walk into the store and just buy it!

Priority flat rate packages arrive in 2-3 days anywhere in the U.S.

Now, here is the "catch-22". If Small Format Magazine ends up in a camera store you frequent, you may be willing to buy it at 10.00 plus sales tax, but maybe everyone else will only want to pay 5 bucks for the magazine.

So suddenly, your subscription for 6 issues is verrrry important for the magazines survival.

The real job begins once you receive your magazine and if you decide you like it. If you can convince a local camera store to carry the magazine, that could be very important so that at least all of the first issue magazines end up in the hands of readers and potential future subscribers.
carlweston

Post by carlweston »

Alex wrote:Sending the magazines all to one place in The U.S. by a faster postal method and then reshipping them priority flate rate would clearly save at least 3 weeks, maybe more, and probably cost less than the current method.

Shipping expenses from 3 to 25 magazines anywhere in the United States is the same price, $7.70 (plus 45 cents for delivery confirmation).

Ideally, the magazines would come to one location in the U.S., then that location could reship them to select camera stores in packs of 10. The final result is discounted shipping costs because they came to the U.S. in bulk yet a faster method, then U.S. shipping costs are approximately 85 cents per magazine when the magazines are sent to select cities in packs of 10, then you walk into the store and just buy it!

Priority flat rate packages arrive in 2-3 days anywhere in the U.S.

Now, here is the "catch-22". If Small Format Magazine ends up in a camera store you frequent, you may be willing to buy it at 10.00 plus sales tax, but maybe everyone else will only want to pay 5 bucks for the magazine.

So suddenly, your subscription for 6 issues is verrrry important for the magazines survival.

The real job begins once you receive your magazine and if you decide you like it. If you can convince a local camera store to carry the magazine, that could be very important so that at least all of the first issue magazines end up in the hands of readers and potential future subscribers.
alex if you sell single issues..I will buy the next issue from you!!
Tools
monobath

Post by monobath »

I haven't gotten mine yet either. I'd pay extra for a faster shipping option.
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

Has anyone subscribed to this one too? http://www.super8today.com/
1st issue is supposed to have Kodak interviews about S-8, tour of Dwayne's, 64T review ect... and it's US based so shipping shouldn't be a problem once it gets rolling.
100D and Vision 3 please
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

T-Scan wrote:Has anyone subscribed to this one too? http://www.super8today.com/
He made contacts with me and confirmed about my mailling address days ago.
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

reflex wrote:
lastcoyote wrote:I cannot possiblly imagine a magazine delievery can take that long??? Some one delievery by foot?
By boat, actually. It takes 4 - 6 weeks for surface mail to travel from Europe to North America. I just cut this out from the USPS web site:

Economy (Surface) Letter Post (Rate for pieces 16 ounces or less) 4 - 6 Weeks $3.80.
Okay then, I cannot imagine how long is it gonna takes to send from Europe to Asia. I may takes up to 12 weeks?
sooper8fan

Post by sooper8fan »

I know I keep repeating myself, but it is going on the 19th week since I was told it would be 4 weeks. Wow. Looking forward to Super8 Today.
mattias

Post by mattias »

i think it only takes one up to three weeks to go from europe to north america by boat, depending on the boat. i've always wondered what they do with the rest of the time. probably just holding on to it to make for a bigger difference in time to the cheaper air mail option.

/matt
npcoombs

Post by npcoombs »

sooper8fan wrote:
carlweston wrote:
FUCK YOU PUSSY:)
LOL...I'm with you, man.
By the way... "Chill out" on what the pussy said. I'm with you man!
What a sad bunch, massaging each others fragile egos