Timelapse project 2004

Collaborative film projects
Valtteri

Post by Valtteri »

I also filmed just at home and shot some slomo :) I had in plans to shoot everything in slomotion, but I had to cut some pictures from my plans. So I made some experimenting with the last frames also. I shot some pixelation lit with two flashguns. I newer tried this before so I'm not sure if it works. I also animated a wooden doll lit with the flashguns. My slomo shootings where also almost completely macropics and I'm a bit sceared if they will be sharp or not since i never tried my Bauer 107 XLS macromode :O

Well the K-40 film is on its way and we will soon find out :)

Post by Guest »

I shot 9fps S8 K40 in Chepstow Castle in Wales with two little boys sword fighting in costumes. Canon 814 XL E. Too bad I failed to register in time. I was working on a DVD and didn't get done till late. But, we went out and I had film so I shot it anyway.
Run lock had to be used even though the camera was on a tripod because my hand on the trigger shook it some. It was worth it just to learn that one thing.
The sun came out just as the boys posed for the fighting shots focus then stayed out during the shots.
TomFoolery

Post by TomFoolery »

Well, this was the first time I had a chance to use my Nizo 801, having just arrived from Germany last week. So I went into the day considering the carts to be test rolls, and not to worry about it too much. After shooting a few carts I was confident with the camera and ready to go. The weather miraculously held out! Amazing, considering the entire metropolitan area has been experiencing flooding all weekend due to severe thunderstorms.

I decided to incorporate time-lapse day with the feature doc I've been working on. Basically it is about a group of local artists and community activists that are renovating a historic, but very decapitated home, near downtown Detroit, and transforming it into The Center for Creative Exchange, a nonprofit that will incorporate international artist residency, community art resources, exhibitions, etc. Saturday was gardening day, and a handful of volunteer’s transformed areas of weeds and debris into some beautiful flowerbeds and garden area. I thought that the fresh flowers would be a nice contrast to the run down house. And that this juxtaposition would be a nice representation of Detroit, it's well know blight, and the changes that many devoted people are making happen.

I experimented a lot to see what the camera could do. Many set-ups with time lapse between 1 fpm to 6 fps. Also experimented with the slow mo 54 fps button and exposure times. The light was changing severely all day due to dark clouds periodically running over an otherwise very sunny sky. Glad to see that the zinc batteries worked out well, as the needle was jumping around to the changes in the sky, and matching my hand held light meter accurately.

Now I have to suffer in anticipation until I get the film back from Dwayne’s.

I picture a processor in the lab pondering, "What's with all this time lapse super 8 all of a sudden?"

:lol:
All that is, is light.

Post by Guest »

that was me
I shot 9fps S8 K40 in Chepstow Castle in Wales with two little boys sword fighting in costumes. Canon 814 XL E. Too bad I failed to register in time. I was working on a DVD and didn't get done till late. But, we went out and I had film so I shot it anyway.
Run lock had to be used even though the camera was on a tripod because my hand on the trigger shook it some. It was worth it just to learn that one thing.
The sun came out just as the boys posed for the fighting shots focus then stayed out during the shots.
TomFoolery

Post by TomFoolery »

Anonymous wrote:that was me
yes guest, it is you, both times! :lol:
All that is, is light.

Post by Guest »

Yes it was and is again. :(
I can't log on this page since I didn't register for the shootout in time, I guess.
Michael Carter
regular8mm
:x
al77

Post by al77 »

Regular8mm wrote: ...I can't log on this page...
This isn't unique to you michael & it isn't because you didn't register in time. I had the same problem & i did register in time, the only way i can be logged in when i submit a reply on this page is by logging in, using the back button to go back to the post, pressing refresh & then replying. I was logged in on the forum but when this post is opened in a new window I'm not logged in! confusing, eh? Maybe it's because i don't have cookies enabled or something like that?...
cheers,
super8man

Post by super8man »

So now we all wait while ou films are sent out for developing? I sent mine into Wal Mart last night...it will be a close call if it comes back before the Monday holiday here in the USA.

I only hope I don't get blue scratches on my films like my last batch. About 3 out of 12 had serious scratches on them - from the processing, not the camera.

Cheers,
M

PS - Go Flames!
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
monobath

Post by monobath »

Yup, we just wait. I'll have to wait longer than you, super8man, as I sent my film out via Kodak pre-paid processing mailer. That generally takes two or three weeks to come back.
studiocarter

refresh

Post by studiocarter »

Thanks Al :lol:
log on Back and refrresh did work

During shooting at the Castle the red light came on in the camera indicating film had run out, so I stopped shooting. Later, when I ejected the cart, "exposed" was not showing on the reel :?: :!: So, when I took it to the Post Office, I shot more of High Street at extreme telephoto 9 fps people walking like ants. It started squeeking and then it said "exposed" so I knew it was done.
Now I don't know WHAT's on that reel :?

I used to think people were reading my PC when the broadband lights flashed.
jobes

Post by jobes »

yep ill post mine too but ill get it sent back to me a couplre of times before Kodak get a sniff
Alex

Post by Alex »

My K-40 Film is back! Fed-ex'd both ways to Dwaynes. The question is do I risk taking it to an HD transfer place first without knowing how it actually came out. If I first transfer it on a regular rank, the odds are it will get a bit dirtied up and then what is the point of retransferring it to HD?

If I go to HD first and discover the shot isn't as cool as I hoped it would be, I just wasted a bit of money, although I'm sure I'll learn something from the experience.

Post by Guest »

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, SOME CLOUDS, RAIN, OVERCAST, RAIN, RAIN, AND MORE RAIN. THE BAUER ROYAL 8E MACRO WOULD HAVE COME IN HANDY FOR THE LIGHTENING. BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR.

SIMON.
downix

Post by downix »

got an hours worth timelapse of my son and neice playing on his birthday, a few minutes of his actual birthday party, then set the camera on the back porch and shot the sun setting in the west. All on Vision 200T. Sending it off tomorrow for processing.

Post by Guest »

Simon wrote:RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, SOME CLOUDS, RAIN, OVERCAST, RAIN, RAIN, AND MORE RAIN. THE BAUER ROYAL 8E MACRO WOULD HAVE COME IN HANDY FOR THE LIGHTENING. BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR.

SIMON.
I was really lucky, I dare say it was one of the bluest of the blue skys days in Los Angeles in quite a while. The very next day it was overcast and yucky.