A few Suggestions

Want to help me out with the website? Please post your suggestions or contributions here!

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

roxics

A few Suggestions

Post by roxics »

The gallery here seems to be full of lots of great photos of cameras, projectors, etc. But what it doesn't have is still photos from actual films. It would be nice to see a gallery that showcases stills from different film stocks. maybe even show side by side comparisons so that we can see what one scene might look like in k40 and also on Vision 200.

Another great thing to have would be a list of all the labs (by country) that process super 8 and maybe even what their prices are and what they each can do. For instance FilmCraft Lab here in Detroit will only process Tri-x super 8 and will only do so on Wednesdays.

It would also be great to have a list of people and places that do transfers to various video formats/standards. Have it show what formats they can transfer to, if they do color correction, if they do sound transfers, what they might charge, what their address is, etc.

Suggestion number 4. This one is more lofty but just a suggestion anyway. :) Sometimes I come to sites like these looking to see if I can find people that have films shot on super 8 on the internet that I can watch. Granted there are plenty of short film sites out there like ifilm. But those types of sites don't let you search out movies by the format or film stock they were shot in. Maybe you could host some short super 8 films here for others (like myself) to watch, critique and overall just to see what can be done with the format and the different cameras and film stock. Or at least have a link section that links directly to a bunch of super 8 films online.
Ploppy

i agree

Post by Ploppy »

Hey, i agree. Im in video and TV personally, and am just about to start messing around with Super Fantastic 8 film!! But i would like to see what it looks like in still oic, different film stocks etc. and also short clips of movies online.

does anyone use a Nizo s800 camera, if so is it good!??
love from me.
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Re: A few Suggestions

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

roxics wrote:The gallery here seems to be full of lots of great photos of cameras, projectors, etc. But what it doesn't have is still photos from actual films. It would be nice to see a gallery that showcases stills from different film stocks. maybe even show side by side comparisons so that we can see what one scene might look like in k40 and also on Vision 200.
Good idea! I'll create one right away!
roxics wrote: Another great thing to have would be a list of all the labs (by country) that process super 8 and maybe even what their prices are and what they each can do. For instance FilmCraft Lab here in Detroit will only process Tri-x super 8 and will only do so on Wednesdays.
Click on "THE LAB" and you'll see a large list of labs, atleast with some details from those who have sent us info.
roxics wrote: It would also be great to have a list of people and places that do transfers to various video formats/standards. Have it show what formats they can transfer to, if they do color correction, if they do sound transfers, what they might charge, what their address is, etc.
Coming under the "TELECINE" section! It's on my to-do list!
roxics wrote: Suggestion number 4. This one is more lofty but just a suggestion anyway. :) Sometimes I come to sites like these looking to see if I can find people that have films shot on super 8 on the internet that I can watch. Granted there are plenty of short film sites out there like ifilm. But those types of sites don't let you search out movies by the format or film stock they were shot in. Maybe you could host some short super 8 films here for others (like myself) to watch, critique and overall just to see what can be done with the format and the different cameras and film stock. Or at least have a link section that links directly to a bunch of super 8 films online.
There is one already. Click on "Online films" and you'll find some. More will be added.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Re: i agree

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Ploppy wrote:Hey, i agree. Im in video and TV personally, and am just about to start messing around with Super Fantastic 8 film!! But i would like to see what it looks like in still oic, different film stocks etc. and also short clips of movies online.

does anyone use a Nizo s800 camera, if so is it good!??
love from me.
I'll create the section now that will let you view frames from filmstocks.

The Nizo S800 camera is supposed to be a great camera. Haven't tested it myself, but I think it's rated among the top 10/15 super8 cameras around.

Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations