sony wmd6c Gebuhrmultisyn

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

nikonr10

sony wmd6c Gebuhrmultisyn

Post by nikonr10 »

Hi I know this is a long shot anyone here have a Sony walkman wmd6c Gebuhr multisyn .

There is a binder 712 5p male cable connector on the walkman ! do you know which way , one should wire for a diy cable / walkman to camera ?

gebuhr multisyn was not helpful with this ? after sending them a e mail .

Thanks
nikonr10

Re: sony wmd6c Gebuhrmultisyn

Post by nikonr10 »

nikonr10 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 1:54 pm Hi I know this is a long shot anyone here have a Sony walkman wmd6c Gebuhr multisyn .

There is a binder 712 5p male cable connector on the walkman ! do you know which way , one should wire for a diy cable / walkman to camera ?

gebuhr multisyn was not helpful with this ? after sending them a e mail .

Thanks
A up date on what the binder 712 5p male cable connector on the walkman is !

https://picclick.de/SONY-WM-D6C-WALKMAN ... id=1&pid=7
7OSE9

Post by 7OSE9 »

With this recorder can you get synch audio?
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

7OSE9 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:13 pm With this recorder can you get synch audio?
Yes ! thats if I can rig a cable up .
comes with a year warranty on the walkman which was one of the biggest selling point's for me ,
which also mean can not tinker to see how the binder 712 5p male cable connector is wired on the inside .

plan is to wire it to the leicina st 1 / or other S8 cameras ie Nikon r10 / beaulieu 4008 2 if possible .

Thing is this was not a cheap walkman in its day, Or so now the price of this sony walkman wmd6c has rocketed .
I really like the sound of tape cassette over digital . Most of all you hear & feel whats going on .

So if there is anyone out here who has this walkman with the Gebuhr multisyn and has the cables .

your insight would be be most helpful . Thanks :-?
7OSE9

Post by 7OSE9 »

Oh, really, it costs so much! It must be a great quality!
I use a Philips cassette recorder (I also like sound of audiocassette) connected to the Fujica ZC1000 with the cable that produced the Fuji itself. The recorder starts and stops with the release button of the camera, but the lip sync is a difficult thing, I do not think it can, never tried, I only took "wild" sound.
Instead, I always wanted to try with the Beaulieu 4008 ZMII, but I don't have the cable too.

While with your recorder and the right cable I think you can keep a good sync. We hope you find it. Keep up to date!
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

7OSE9 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:13 pm Oh, really, it costs so much! It must be a great quality!
I use a Philips cassette recorder (I also like sound of audiocassette) connected to the Fujica ZC1000 with the cable that produced the Fuji itself. The recorder starts and stops with the release button of the camera, but the lip sync is a difficult thing, I do not think it can, never tried, I only took "wild" sound.
Instead, I always wanted to try with the Beaulieu 4008 ZMII, but I don't have the cable too.

While with your recorder and the right cable I think you can keep a good sync. We hope you find it. Keep up to date!
Its seem too me that it takes years to find that right camera / lens /film / then there's that thing missing .

What I like with audiocassette is how you can play around with the tape just like film . ie cut it up .
More so where you can take it to . So for now will use it for sampling sounds & field recording .
Still it is frustrating that I got a walkman that can do so much more . That cable ?

Heres a short history on this walkman
The WM-D6 was expensive but was also capable of outstanding performance, better than many full-sized cassette decks. It was quickly adopted by radio stations and news organisations as the ideal machine for reporters to use. It also became a favourite for making high quality but discreet “bootleg” recordings at concerts. It was replaced by the improved WM-D6C.
http://www.walkmancentral.com/products/wm-d6 :-?
7OSE9

Post by 7OSE9 »

Magnificent, perhaps even more practical than the Super8 Sound Recorder.
aj

Post by aj »

7OSE9 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:13 pm Oh, really, it costs so much! It must be a great quality!

Most camera's need an additonal accessory pulsgenerator to be fixed to the camera.
On Leicina Special or RT the ST-1 is easy and affordable to get. Beaulieu generator can be found too. The ZC-1000 generator which needs to be fixed to the external axis is far more rare :) Some other camera's have a generator inside. Like Nizo Professional and Agfa Movexooms... Some Bauer have it on board too. And possibly the Canon 1014 or 814 xls... They have the same connector.

BTW the most interesting would be to see where the wiring of this extra non-factory connector goes. Likely it would then be possible to hook up your own camera. One would need record-on-off (could easily go to the mic-connector) and a lead to a circuit to induce the sync pulse to left or right (and switching off the sound going there too).
Kind regards,

André