Beaulieu Service

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Nigel

Beaulieu Service

Post by Nigel »

Who is still servicing Beaulieu these days?

Is there anyone worth their salt in the USA?

Good Luck
Mana

Re: Beaulieu Service

Post by Mana »

Funny, I just received a 7008 Pro II that was in worse shape than described, and was thinking the same! Only guy I could think of in the States is Bernie at Super 16 Inc. I've emailed Bjorn in Sweden about this 7008, but I'm afraid at what the price may be plus, shipping and conversion of USD to Euro.

I'll wait to hear from Bjorn, then maybe check with Bernie before returning this camera. 7008 Pro II's don't come up that often!
R8: Bolex B8

S8: Beaulieu 7008 Pro, Beaulieu 4008zm2 "Jubilee", Leicina Special, Eumig Nautica (24fps)

DS8: Bolex H8 Rex4

S16: Bolex Rex4
Will2

Post by Will2 »

Bernie is great, especially with any 16mm camera, but if you want your Beaulieu serviced, it really is worth the time and cost of sending it to Bjorn.

Me made two of my 4008's better than new. I really mean that. I could tell a major difference in the actual sound of the motor running and the actual film results. He has the original factory parts and makes it his mission to keep these cameras alive and running their best.

It is a pain with all the customs stuff but totally worth it.
camera8mm

Post by camera8mm »

Did you ever get this 7008 pro II sent to bjorn?
if so, what did it cost?
I received at beaulieu pro II with mis wiring and a missing sync module. ordered the sync module from witter kinotech, but not sure about the rest of the camera.
aj

Post by aj »

The 7008 pro II is a modified camera from Pro8mm. It didn't come from Beaulieu like that.
Unfortunately pro8mm is known for its pro pricing :)
Kind regards,

André
Mmechanic

Post by Mmechanic »

Purely mechanical models can be sent to me, I do service spring-drive cameras. Beaulieu M, R, and T are welcome. Hourly rate 90 francs

PM please in case of interest
Mana

Post by Mana »

camera8mm wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:55 pm Did you ever get this 7008 pro II sent to bjorn?
if so, what did it cost?
I received at beaulieu pro II with mis wiring and a missing sync module. ordered the sync module from witter kinotech, but not sure about the rest of the camera.
John we bought the same camera, first time the seller listed and I bought, he showed every side of the camera but from the back with all the wires hanging out, even had pics with the module in the camera. I had a heck of a time returning it to the seller as he put up a bit of a fight.

I think costs of sending it to Bjorn would run at least $400-500, plus parts if needed, I didn't want to chance it.

S8: Beaulieu 7008 Pro, Beaulieu 4008zm2 "Jubilee", Leicina Special, Eumig Nautica (24fps)

camera8mm

Post by camera8mm »

Update: I sent the 7008 to Bjorn. Cost about $400 with lens columination and adding a crystal sync module I bought from from witner, not including shipping.
Bjorn did a wonderful job. Much less than what pro 8 offered.
The unscrupulous seller didn't included the original crystal module.
It was overall less that what a flea bay seller was selling for a working one, and with the new Kodak super 8 camera on an unknown release date, I thought it was worth it.
Mana

Post by Mana »

:-BD Thanks for the update! Are you located in Europe?

And sorry I got you confused with John S. (mr8mm)

camera8mm

Post by camera8mm »

In Illinois.
Will2

Post by Will2 »

Glad Bjorn is still working on these cameras. Good to know there's still quality craftsmen out there.

It's about time to send two of mine back to him for a checkup...it's been like 7 years now...although I haven't noticed any issues.